BB has a new stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not yet. Ordered it yesterday. Put my money where my mouth is and ordered an Englander 30-NCL. 3.5 cubic inch (edit: foot) firebox, 1.6 grams, somewhere north of 75,000 BTU. Ordered the blower to go with it. Gonna put it half in the fireplace, half out. And yes I started making the block-off plate this afternoon. When it gets here I guess I will find out if they are worth a damn or not.

With all of those people having jobs up in Bethel I figured the ones down in Monroe, Virginia needed a little work too.

http://www.englandsstoveworks.com/30-ncl.html

My situation is limited by my existing flue inlet location All stoves have to be rear discharge and can be no higher than 26.5"

that limited my choices. The VC connection is one of the few with rear capabilities. Plus for $500 for what I got, Made it a no brainer.

I'm sure the welders and fabricators in VA appreciate your purchase. Man 1.63 grams per hr now, that's clean burning.

You got the most out of that sierra, it owes you nothing. I got 25 years out of My Efel. I looked at the Englanders but all were top flues.

When I talk to VC its like they can't wait to leak info of what on the planning table. I can tell you that the R&D are moving ahead.

I wish I had other pipe lines into manufactures. Met the Eastcoast Regency rep today

that stove has a larger box than my insert, you got me by a tenth of a CF. mine is 3.4 . good luck with her BB, and let us know when ya come up with a good name for her! I simply call mine the Beast!

Wow! Nice web site they have, very informational , lottsa info and seem to have a very nice parts department!!

T

Heck Elk with the performance you get out of those VC stoves I don't know why you would ever want to burn anything else.

Nice looking stove.
Does that one go upstairs or down & how does that firebix size compare to whats current?

PS Now that you've pulled the trigger and bought a Virginia stove from the locals it looks like you'll find yourself in the 'new' Englander catagory, at least for the first year, ah the irony.

Dylan said:
I do like that door being left-hand hindged. I never could understand why so many manufacturers did the opposite...or, put SIDE load doors on the left. With the majority of the population being right-handed (No disrespect to the lefties!!), it would seem to me that they weren't thinking.

Amen. In looking at various stoves I started eliminating them right off the bat if the door was right side hinged. I think the Hearthstone Clydesdale and Morgan were the only ones I saw that let you put the hinges on either side. Both of my Jotuls drive me nuts having to open them from the left side.

I budgeted in the Clydesdale range but just had to give this pup a try when I saw it. I harbor no illusions about it being the same as $2,500 stoves but if it screws up I can plop it on the trailer and be sitting in the factory parking lot in two hours. With a stove and an attitude.

BrotherBart said:
Not yet. Ordered it yesterday. Put my money where my mouth is and ordered an Englander 30-NCL. 3.5 cubic inch firebox, 1.6 grams, somewhere north of 75,000 BTU. Ordered the blower to go with it. Gonna put it half in the fireplace, half out. And yes I started making the block-off plate this afternoon. When it gets here I guess I will find out if they are worth a damn or not.

With all of those people having jobs up in Bethel I figured the ones down in Monroe, Virginia needed a little work too.

BB,

My...that's a small firebox.....think you meant 3.5 cubic FOOT firebox....LOL, anyway, nice stove!

castiron said:
BrotherBart said:
Not yet. Ordered it yesterday. Put my money where my mouth is and ordered an Englander 30-NCL. 3.5 cubic inch firebox, 1.6 grams, somewhere north of 75,000 BTU. Ordered the blower to go with it. Gonna put it half in the fireplace, half out. And yes I started making the block-off plate this afternoon. When it gets here I guess I will find out if they are worth a damn or not.

BB,

My...that's a small firebox.....think you meant 3.5 cubic FOOT firebox....LOL, anyway, nice stove!

BeGreen has me convinced I need to conserve wood to cut down on emissions.

Good catch.

:) 'preciate that. So will you. Less up the stack = less cleaning and more heat for you.

So what happens to the sierra now................................................................................................................................................

Corie said:
So what happens to the sierra now................................................................................................................................................

It is sitting covered on concrete blocks in the back yard. A box with racks is going to be made for the top of it. Mega meat smoker!

That's right. Ultimate redneck. A wood stove up on blocks in the yard.

Sounds like the best of both worlds BB.

Roospike said:
Sounds like the best of both worlds BB.

Yep. Po boy's Summit (or West Virginia Hearthstone) in the shanty and a meat smoker out back. Don't get no better'n that by golly. Now if'n I can just get some still piping in the firebox...

Dylan said:
I do like that door being left-hand hinged. I never could understand why so many manufacturers did the opposite...or, put SIDE load doors on the left. With the majority of the population being right-handed (No disrespect to the lefties!!), it would seem to me that they weren't thinking.

Its so you can quickly open the door with your LEFT arm while simultaneously throwing in a new log with your RIGHT arm!
;)

Seriously though, do you have to be ambidextrous to open a door with your non-dominant hand???

I didnt even think twice about a door opening per one side ot the other but a side loading door I'm sure would make a big difference per the install.

There are installs that right or left swinging doors would make a difference I'm sure.

Hey BB,

How many year contract did you get with them? You know the power spam, pump the stove on hearth.com..Commisions???

Hope you consulted Roospike, he can give some solid pointers....He and the family are probably in the Caymens.....SHOW ME THE MONEY......

<DUCKING>

Vintage 181 said:
Hey BB,

How many year contract did you get with them? You know the power spam, pump the stove on hearth.com..Commisions???

Hope you consulted Roospike, he can give some solid pointers....He and the family are probably in the Caymens.....SHOW ME THE MONEY......

<DUCKING>

Just a one year contract with option to renew. Added to the monthly Harbor Freight hyping check it should help pay some bills around here. The commission deal didn't work out since we couldn't figure out if buyers really came from hearth.com so we went with a monthly stipend.

{ THROWING } HAHAHA . Ya'll FIRED.

Truth be know ........ the reason the Summit only burns 1 split of wood all winter is because we light it off and fly to Florida for the winter . (spending that Commission money)

HA , and ya'll thought i was posting from NEBRASKA all winter. hahahahaha

BB,

WE (I) expect extensive photos of the installation and first fires. I'm lonely late at night and sometimes all I have are stoves to hold at night.

On a related note, we're less than 14 hours away from the first fire in my new stove. I'm excited.

Corie said:
BB,

WE (I) expect extensive photos of the installation and first fires. I'm lonely late at night and sometimes all I have are stoves to hold at night.

On a related note, we're less than 14 hours away from the first fire in my new stove. I'm excited.

I wish I could have held out for your stove to go into production. Maybe when Dane hears about the competition and the superior product he will grab you up.

There won't be a lot to the install. Just sit it on my ugly brick raised hearth and hook up the liner. It may turn Honeyglow Brown like the old stove before it comes in the house. I haven't decided yet. Or I may paint it whorehouse red to make it a true Po Boy's PE Summit.

Are trying to decide whether to make your stove red hot or keep it bad a** black

What about white hot forget the pe worehouse red. If red hot burns two splits aday then white hot must only burn one..

If I lived closer I would help you connect it up.
I also hope you update the forum with your oppinions on the Englander's quality and effeciency your likes and dis likes.
Too many the price range is a hell of a lot more affordable. We need to have a experienced burner run this stove line threw the paces, and tell it like it is

elkimmeg said:
Are trying to decide whether to make your stove red hot or keep it bad a** black

What about white hot forget the pe worehouse red. If red hot burns two splits aday then white hot must only burn one..

If I lived closer I would help you connect it up.
I also hope you update the forum with your oppinions on the Englander's quality and effeciency your likes and dis likes.
Too many the price range is a hell of a lot more affordable. We need to have a experienced burner run this stove line threw the paces, and tell it like it is

I plan on it Elk. I'll tell the good, the bad and the ugly. So far I can report that trying to buy one ain't easy. Lowes could not find anybody from that department (would need to be ordered). Home Depot couldn't find Fred, the guy that is "familiar with that kind of stuff" and didn't know how to find England's Stove Works phone number in the computer system. ACE Hardware couldn't figure out the freight cost.

I called England's and ask them who actually, like, stocked their stoves and sold them. They said they would send one five miles from their plant to a hardware store and I could buy it there and pick it up. Also gave me the name of a company in the mid-west. I called the company, bought the stove and FedEx Freight picked it up yesterday. Be here Tuesday. Yep, a stove made 146 miles from my house is coming out of Colorado.

Go figure.

Bet you thought about hopping in the truck and heading over to their shipping dock with a pocket full of cash and asking for the brass?

Status
Not open for further replies.