Begreen bewhere?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking the same thing. Hope he and his family are okay. Seattle got absolutely hammered in the last storm. Lots of free wood up there, but it's a 3 hour drive for me. Maybe BeGreen is capitalizing on the free wood and stock piling as much as he can. :)

-Kevin

I'm sure BeGreen is well prepared.

BeGreen checked in on the Forum from the library. They are without power and Internet access. They have the generator and the Jotul cranking 24/7. He figures he is going to be out of touch for several days. No damage to the house apparently.

NW Fuels said:
Hope all is well on the island. The winds must of taken him out.
Thomas

Lived up there for several years. BeGreens on the leeward side. It can get really nasty in Seattle and the south bays and peninsula is fairly nice. I lived in Kitsap County and a mere suggestion of a storm was terrifying. Memories of people driving front wheel drive cars with chain on their back wheel on the freeway at 70. Everyone on the West Sound plans for failures. Great to hear that at least there is some power. I am sure that there will be a detailed report of the weather coming. Best hope is that no tall things, trees or power poles, have crashed the homestead. Years ago I sold lots of kerosene, oil and gas lights, stoves and heaters in that country. Lot's of folks there have never relied on the utilities.

Hey Thomas et al. Thanks for checking in. Still no power. It's getting kind of old. We're hoping for restored power by tomorrow, though there still won't be internet. I'm back working at the library. Castine has been churning 24/7, really glad I got a bigger stove though an Oslo would have been better on the coldest nights. I'm chuckling reading other threads where folks are just looking for chill chasers. I think Roospike has it right, prepare for the worst. Fortunately we have a backup power and we're running on generator for about 2-3 hrs. in the am and about 4 in the pm. Navy showers are getting old, so we're crashing in on friends. But we could have been a lot worse off. We are really looking forward to getting back to normal.

Thomas, if you are going to be in W. Seattle, I can stop by tomorrow am about 8:00 am. PM me if that is ok.

Glad to hear your safe Begreen, hang in there, I know its easy to say, not in your situation, but try to have a nice XMAS!

Status
Not open for further replies.