Best home weather station?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ChadMc

Burning Hunk
Dec 12, 2019
Bucks County PA
I’m looking for a home weather station with outdoor/indoor thermometer. But I’d like to have the ability to have a couple different zones in the house to read temps. Our thermostat is in a bad spot for accurately measuring the stoves “real” temps. I see a bunch on amazon. Just curious what you guys like!! Thanks

The best are Davis instruments but very pricey.i have the accurite 5 in 1 and have had for numerous years with no issues.

Attachments

• 20190130063210.JPG
    20190130063210.JPG
    161 KB · Views: 156
We have been using this one for a few years and it has been working great. We have not even had to change the batteries in any of the remote sensors yet.

Attachments

• 20191210_063647.jpg
    20191210_063647.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 157
I have had the Davis Vantage Pro2 for about 11 yrs now. It has been a solid instrument and can add in remote stations.

Anyone have a home weather station that has pretty accurate temp and especially humidity readings. I'm looking for one with multiple sensors so I can have one outside and also one in my crawl space so I can watch the humidity in there and alert me if it's going up above the setting on the dehumidifier. I encapsulated the crawl last year and completely sealed it and placed a dehumidifier in there. Just would like a way of knowing if it isn't working without having to crawl under the house to see the digital screen on the dehumidifier.

Our Davis Vantage Pro2 system has a remote station in the greenhouse for monitoring temp and soil moisture. It works well. but may be overkill for what you want. I like the clear readout on Mongo's Ambient Weather unit and it looks like it would satisfy your needs.

Reactions: Grizzerbear