Best Place To Purchase Replacement Parts Online

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jmshuhart

Mar 5, 2019
Upstate NY
Hello friends,

I'm back at it again, doing work on the pellet stove. Back in March 2019, I had some major issues with an auger as you can see here. After some trial & errors & help from lots of great people on this forum, it was ultimately determined that the Auger Motor I purchased from Home Depot was simply "too fast". I moved it to the bottom where speed doesn't matter, put the bottom motor up top & we were golden! Everything was PERFECT for the rest of that winter & almost all of the next!

Around March last year (2020)... that top motor went again. So, silly me - ordered another auger motor from Home Depot, thinking it had to be a fluke. Got it installed and HOLY HOTNESS. I now had TWO motors going too fast! I was on a 1 & 3 setting & was hitting 95+ degrees in my living room. I returned it immediately. Ordered another replacement from Stove Parts 4 Less, got that one installed. Something is still off, but it's now only 85+ degrees.

So here I am now October 2020 & I need to address this auger motor. On top of that, I think I may need to replace my combustion motor. I'm not hearing the fan motor increase when I up the blower speed. I'm going to try to clean it out first.

Anyway, my point to this post.... who is your favorite online retailer when it comes to buying replacement pellet stove parts? I've been wary of just ordering on Amazon, but at this point, I'm ready to give anything a try. I own an Englander 25-PDVC-55SHP10.

Somehow i cannot see that many motors being the wrong speed... My bet is your control board is acting up and not actually changing the settings

At this point you should be getting pretty good at replacing the motor. Have you considered marking the shaft (for visibility) and timing it to see if its running at the right speed with no load? White out, white paint and a toothpick... AT least then you'll know its not the issue and start looking somewhere else...

I've bought from the pellet stove parts for less website and can recommend them from a time to ship pre-covid. Prices seemed on par with other online merchants.

At this point you should be getting pretty good at replacing the motor. Have you considered marking the shaft (for visibility) and timing it to see if its running at the right speed with no load? White out, white paint and a toothpick... AT least then you'll know its not the issue and start looking somewhere else...

I've bought from the pellet stove parts for less website and can recommend them from a time to ship pre-covid. Prices seemed on par with other online merchants.
I did the timing thing back in 2019 when I first had the issue. It doesn't make sense why the new motors are problematic but that bottom auger moved to the top worked perfectly. Unfortunately that one's dead now too.

I feel like an auger motor gets replaced in my stove every 1.5 winter seasons.

So any thoughts as to why when I put the bottom motor to the top, it went back to running correctly?
quite possible that the old motors has actually slowed down as they were on their way out.. Like suggested above mark the auger and see what the rotation is... What i dont under stand is you moved the faster auger to the bottom location where speed does not matter to me that would put added stress on the other motor by pilling pellet's against the other motor

Found this not sure if it will help or not was just trying to read up on the dual motors a bit

I have found some dealers SleazEbay with great pricing. Scamazon dealers were top dollar on every part I researched. I will research the best I can to find deals before I need parts.

Some required parts to stock are auger motors and gaskets.

I replaced the combustion blower once because it was noisy so I still have the old one for a backup.
Replaced the igniter once and bought two at that time. Not a required part with manual start.

Bill

So just figured I would follow up here.... I'm NOT crazy. The auger motor was not labeled with the RPMs on it, but after reaching out to Stove Parts 4 Less, it was determined that they accidentally sent the wrong part, they sent me something with a 1.5 RPM. And since this is a problem I had reached out to them back in April, they're making it good - woo hoo!

Reactions: Mt Bob
And final update.... new auger installed (which, has the EXACT same label on it as the old one, so I got nervous)... and it's working like a charm!!!!

Well thats good to hear... things like that happen... I ran into similar at work where a part i ordered had a left and right. First part came in wrong so i contacted our parts distribution asked for pics of the new part before sending so i could verify.. No pics and second part came in wrong... I finally ended up having to blow up at them because the manufacturer said the proper part was sent. They finally did a investigation and found a whole shipment had been labeled wrong.. Unfortunately this was a 4 month ordeal just luckily this was not a key part for our customers safe veh operation..