Better air flow??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neverrude

Apr 17, 2008
NJ
I’m thinking about putting a brick under each corner of the pedestal of the Englander 30 I just got for better air flow. The stove is at the bottom of the stairwell in the basement with 5 steps going up to the family room.
I’ll also have a thermoelectric fan on it drawing the air down from the ceiling. Would the brick idea make much of a difference?

I would expect it to make no difference at all.

Thanks BE, I hooked up the 30 last night with the pedestal flat on the floor. Had my first burn and was amazed at secondary burn. :) Called my neighbor over to see it and now he’s going to HD to look at a 30.
I read in another post that BrotherBart had posted some terrific information on how to run a 30 but I had no luck with the search.

Status
Not open for further replies.