Better built combustion blower for your quad

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pro5oh

Hearth Supporter
Aug 19, 2008
downeast Maine
Just installed this unit and working great for less than half the money the dealer wanted its better built and quieter. Fits the santa fe and castile for sure and I think the classic bay. 3000rpm, .6amp, 70cfm, oilable fasco motor, doesnt come with the housing but comes with the gasket. Cut the connector off and crimp on 2 male spade terminals and your good to go.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000W3Q4QO/ref=oss_product

I'd like to support the dealer but $248 vs $100 to the door.....

On your other post, you mentioned that the new combustion blower was really blowing up a storm. Did you use the fan that came with the new unit or did you swap it for the original? Do they both have the same number of blades? I just wonder because you wouldn't necessarily want to be blowing more exhaust (heat) out the flue. You have to give the heated air time to transfer its heat to the tubes.

Anyone know if that will work on the Quad Non AE Mt Vernon, by chance?

tjnamtiw said:
On your other post, you mentioned that the new combustion blower was really blowing up a storm. Did you use the fan that came with the new unit or did you swap it for the original? Do they both have the same number of blades? I just wonder because you wouldn't necessarily want to be blowing more exhaust (heat) out the flue. You have to give the heated air time to transfer its heat to the tubes.

I'm also really curious about this, I did much homework last year and never did come up with an exact match spec wise. Any updates? I'm working on my third fan since install 6 years ago, full time burning in the winter. I agree, the stock fan is way too spendy, love to come up with an alternate like you have if it works.

812-4400 is the Quad # that the part is supposed to replace. Do you know what your combustion blower's number is? It's in the owner's manual.

Czech said:
tjnamtiw said:

I'm also really curious about this, I did much homework last year and never did come up with an exact match spec wise. Any updates? I'm working on my third fan since install 6 years ago, full time burning in the winter. I agree, the stock fan is way too spendy, love to come up with an alternate like you have if it works.

Darn, 3 fans in 6 years!!!! Sounds like I better get one and put it on the shelf! This is my second full year. If the rpms and HP are the same, I would do everything I could to ensure I was using the stock fan rather than the one that comes with the motor. I'd bore it out or sleeve it to make it fit the shaft.
With the ability to re-oil, it sounds like this is sleeve bearing.

In our old neighborhood, all of the homes had the same gas heater with a forced air combustion exhaust blower. Those suckers just ate the bearings. I always had two sets on hand ready to go and eventually had a spare motor besides. I ended up doing all my neighbors too. Eventually I found a class of bearing that had a much higher clearance between balls and race that didn't bind up with the heat. No more problems. I wish i could find that source again.

tjnamtiw said:
812-4400 is the Quad # that the part is supposed to replace. Do you know what your combustion blower's number is? It's in the owner's manual.

Hmm not sure. Not at home at the moment. I'll try to find an online manual.

Well if the info I found is correct my blower part number is SRV7000-1193. How did you cross reference your part number? I need to find the specs on my blower. If they are the same I guess this would work as long as the bolt hole patern is the same.

Just to clarify, I said 'fans', I meant the whole blower. My bad! I grumbled on the third one quite loudly, the second was replaced as part of warrenty fyi. I'd be way open to a cheaper alternative with my history.

Turbo-Quad said:
Well if the info I found is correct my blower part number is SRV7000-1193. How did you cross reference your part number? I need to find the specs on my blower. If they are the same I guess this would work as long as the bolt hole patern is the same.

The part number was in the owner's manual that I downloaded. I haven't found one for the non-AE for you yet. As for the bluebeard motor, the website cross referenced it, I believe. Have to ask Bluebeard to confirm that. I forget.

here's the link >>> https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/67113/

I used the "fan blade that came with the new fan. Its the same diameter and same number of blades. The old fan was so slow from worn bearings that the new motor seems like an animal. I've been running it now for 2 days and theres plenty of heat, and the exhaust outside isnt very hot compared to the room air output. I think its as it should be. I have a buddy with a castile, I plan on stopping in this week to compare. The units are 95% identical inside, I'll post my findings.

The info I got researching to get this fan was from retail sites selling the same blower for $160 less the housing. This is where I started and I so cheap I just kept going until I found the lowest price. But even $160 isnt bad compared to dealers.

http://www.stove-parts-unlimited.com/Combustion_Blower_Motor_Only_small_p/10-1114.htm

Wow Sears even has that blower motor for the same price.

cgi.ebay.com/Quadrafire-Mt-Vernon-Pellet...;hash=item20b37c5081

Free Unlimited Tech Support 24/7

Email : [email protected]

Questions: My cell # is 530-409-5051

I am not Jason. Just a customer of his. I am very pleased with the blower I got from him. Much better than the original imho. YMMV Just trying to be helpful.
this fan is whisper quiet. i could not hardly believe how quiet it is compared to the original which was less than 2 years old. had to redrill 2 holes and it bolted right on my mt vernon.

Turbo-Quad said:
Anyone know if that will work on the Quad Non AE Mt Vernon, by chance?

the Mt Vernon blower is bigger. I ordered one that was a 'quad replacement' for most Quads like the Santa fa etc. it was about 1"smaller than what my Mt Vernon took.

Greybeard said:
Just installed this unit and working great for less than half the money the dealer wanted its better built and quieter. Fits the santa fe and castile for sure and I think the classic bay. 3000rpm, .6amp, 70cfm, oilable fasco motor, doesnt come with the housing but comes with the gasket. Cut the connector off and crimp on 2 male spade terminals and your good to go.

What's up with the wacky review on Amazon for this blower???? LOL...........

What's up with the wacky review on Amazon for this blower???? LOL...........[/quote]

I am not a TREKY by any means but its from an episode of "StarTrek the Next Generation"........ lol

I want some of whatever he's smoking!!!!

Greybeard said:

quoting 812-4400 page on our site:
This Blower will work, but we recommend the original in this case, due to advanced mounting and cooling which helps keep it quiet.

the original quad fan(also a fasco, just nicer) spins with much less resistance, and is noticeably quieter

if you could re-use the old mounting it would help vibrational noise a bit though

Greybeard said:

I hate to Bring up an OLD POST. But I bought this blower off of Amazon.com. last week. My Stock one was fine, I did a full cleaning 2 days ago, and put it in for giggles. The Fan blade that comes with it has more Vanes than the current one in my CB 1200, but they are not as wide. Getting the same heat amount on Low as before. Air being exhausted is no more than before. Just to let others know, that this is a viable option to the CB 1200 Blower (Castile, Santa Fe). $100 and its oil-able. I was a little weary at first, but has been running for 2 days. No more vibration than the stock unit. It does sound a little different though. But they are two different types of motors. All the info matches up. Same RPM, amps, volts. Also comes with gasket.

Gonna put my stock one back in this Sunday. This is a back-up for when the factory unit does fail. Just wanted to try it and let EVERYONE with a Quad out there, to know that it does work.

Anyone know if they make one for the Harman accentra?

Status
Not open for further replies.