Big Bummer :(

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

wdenton

Sep 15, 2011
MI
Hello
I have not been here in a while

My Barn was broken into and my Chainsaws were stolen
Stihl ms261
Sithl 015

I guess I am reaching out to say make sure your stuff is locked up or well hidden.
I live out in the country and have never really had any problems like this in the past.

The Police say 1 other neighbor in back of me was also broken into.

I hope they find the Sons of ":"":"

I can't stand thieves, I'm sorry this happened to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: D8Chumley
no my insurance deductible is 1000
so that would be a wash

That really sucks, sorry to hear that. Hope they catch them and you can get your saws back.

Find out what pawnshops are nearest to you and look for your saws.

If you find them, try the police. Sometimes they will confiscate them as evidence and you may get them back eventually. Sometimes your only recourse is to buy them back from the pawnshop. State laws vary.

Thieves suck, sorry for your loss. Hopefully they catch the SOB's

As long as you can positively identify the saws if you find them in a pawn shop, and you have a police report the pawn shop is in position of stolen property. Just let the police know.

thanks guys
I have called the police and filed a report.
I also gave them my serial number for the 261 but I never recorded the number for the 015 :(
I also called every pawn shop in a 20 mile radius and none of them had my model number saw.
The unfortunate part is I am not sure when they were stolen I can only give a time frame of a couple weeks.

Find out what pawnshops are nearest to you and look for your saws.

If you find them, try the police. Sometimes they will confiscate them as evidence and you may get them back eventually. Sometimes your only recourse is to buy them back from the pawnshop. State laws vary.
Word to the wise...mark your equipment somehow so that you can easily identify that it is yours.

Hello
I have not been here in a while

My Barn was broken into and my Chainsaws were stolen
Stihl ms261
Sithl 015

I guess I am reaching out to say make sure your stuff is locked up or well hidden.
I live out in the country and have never really had any problems like this in the past.

The Police say 1 other neighbor in back of me was also broken into.

I hope they find the Sons of ":"":"
That's weird, I just picked up a 261 and 015 off Craigslist for a steal.

Sorry, just kidding. Totally sucks what happened to you.

Look on the bright side, at least you didn't drop a tree on them yourself (sorry @StihlKicking).

In all seriousness, thanks for sharing your greif. It helps take the sting off a little, educates us all, and helps us build this wonderful community.

Hey, you never know, maybe whoever stole them might cut something important off. Karma can be a b|tch.

Reactions: Hasufel
Word to the wise...mark your equipment somehow so that you can easily identify that it is yours.

That's why a bunch of my higher end equipment and toys have written in paint marker in several places -- some hidden away -- the last four digits of my social security number. Not that I've ever had to use it, but I figure this is a number easy enough to remember and could easily be missed by a would-be thief.

I hate effin thieves. Hope they hurt themselves using them.

Reminds me to add 2 Arlo cameras in my garage and a wifi extender.

Old thread, I know, but an engraving in an obscure spot is tough for thieves to find. Doesn't have to be much of anything just an identifiable mark.

Everyone likes a pretty saw but engravers are cheap. Police around here recommend drivers license number. Pawn shops will roll the dice with questionable gear that is only marked with serial numbers but typically wont go near if there is custom engraving. Unfortunately plenty of sleazebags will buy stolen gear.

That's weird, I just picked up a 261 and 015 off Craigslist for a steal.

Sorry, just kidding. Totally sucks what happened to you.

Look on the bright side, at least you didn't drop a tree on them yourself (sorry @StihlKicking).

In all seriousness, thanks for sharing your greif. It helps take the sting off a little, educates us all, and helps us build this wonderful community.

Hey, you never know, maybe whoever stole them might cut something important off. Karma can be a b|tch.

...And somehow with the shyster lawyers out there you would be suede for not providing the safety/owners manual with the stolen saws.