Big E blower motor squealing getting louder

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

travlnusa

Nov 8, 2008
NW Wisconsin
The noise started a few weeks ago, but the high pitch squeal is getting to be to much to bear.

I have taken compressed air in a 10 gal tank and blew out every thing I could think of.

Can I oil the bearings/bushings?

Thanks

travlnusa said:
The noise started a few weeks ago, but the high pitch squeal is getting to be to much to bear.

I have taken compressed air in a 10 gal tank and blew out every thing I could think of.

Can I oil the bearings/bushings?

Thanks

I would bet a 12 pack the bearings are burning up. If it is in warranty contact your Dealer. If not start looking for a new blower. Is it the combustion or circulation?

Eric

One man's squeal is another man's squeak. There are lubes for bearings that's what I would say is the source, but you will need a high temp lube. Try an auto parts store and get a spray type that uses a tube on the tip. You will get some peace for a while, but it looks like a new blower is in your future.

Burning Chunk,

Yes you can lube the bushing to quite it down for now. But I would look in to purchasing a new one. Once the bushings start to squeal it should not be long till the end!

I found a dayton direct replace for mine. can be bought at Graingers. It has ball bearings, Not bushings like the cheap ones Breckwell is selling(no affence dealers, Not your fault!)

The part number is 1TDR6 Check the link below! Go to page 3742 to see dim.

Code:
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/productIndex.shtml?from=Search&newSrch=yes&operator=keywordSearch&search_type=keyword&action=Go!&QueryString=1TDR6&submit;.x=27&submit;.y=7

Hope this helps, I am waiting for mine to arrive in the mail. O' and I didn't pay $169.00 for it either. Under $100.00 with shipping!

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.