Big e pellet stove install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

zrock

Minister of Fire
Dec 2, 2017
bc
I'm going to be installing the above pellet stove in my older modular home within the next month or so. Going to do the install myself and then have to have a wet inspection for insurance... what is a wet inspection? I know I have to replace the glass gasket part of it is missing. Do I have to use a manufacturer gasket or can I use the gasket that u can buy at any hardware store for Stove? Also according to manufacturer install for mobile home I have to have a fire proof plate under the Stove, lagged to floor, and a 8g ground wire from stove to home frame. Are the last 2 really needed? Really don't want to drill through my floor. This is in bc canada

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Yes WETT inspection you need to follow the instructions for installation in the manual. It needs a fireproof floor protection, stove anchored to floor and grounded to the frame. What door is on your big-e? Full glass or the small one? The small glass only has a gasket on the sides not on top and bottom. Do a google search for WETT inspectors in your area.

W E T T =Wood Energy Technology Transfer
Level one inspection is basically the insulation of the stove
That it meets provincial and local standard it also must
follow all manufacturers installation requirements . So if it calls
for a ground wire you must have a ground wire

The stove has the small glass so i guess my gasket is good. Well that sorta sucks that i have to do all that stuff for inspection i think its a little redundant since the stove is grounded through the outlet and if i was ever to move my trailer the mover would secure or remove the stove anyway.. i actually move these for a living and have never seen one bolted to the floor. I was thinking of using hardi board for the floor as its thin and 100% fire proof then i was going to use the remainder on the wall even through its not required.

Is their a min distance for the intake air for the stove to the exhaust. I see no mention of that in the instructions all i seen is the exhaust needs to be 6" away from the building.
Their is only one installer that is WETT cert in my area

thanks for the info

Your right nothing in the manual about the OAK distance from exhaust. I would ckeck with your WETT inspector and see what he says. Yeah some of the requirements are redundant but you have to follow the rules. Lol

Your right nothing in the manual about the OAK distance from exhaust. I would ckeck with your WETT inspector and see what he says. Yeah some of the requirements are redundant but you have to follow the rules. Lol
Talked to the guy that does the wett cert. Quite helpful

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk