Big score of Ash

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The wood really looks like maple to me, but the leaves should give you a positive ID. And, at the price, elm is not so bad.

The verdict is - ASH! What a relief! Looks no different then the ASH Dennis posted.

SO - I'm gonna go back for the next few weekends and get about 10 more loads!

Attachments

• wood id 001.jpg
    wood id 001.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 191
  • wood id 002.jpg
    wood id 002.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 193
You are one lucky woodburner! It seasons really fast, lights and burns well too.. Great score!

Ray

Excellent news. Ash is great firewood.

basswidow said:
The verdict is - ASH! What a relief! Looks no different then the ASH Dennis posted.

SO - I'm gonna go back for the next few weekends and get about 10 more loads!

Thats a better pic, Ash

Yup, Ash 4 sure! I scored a tree in mid summer with similar appearance, wound up with about 3 cords. Just recently got it all split & mostly stacked. I think the moisture content was around 28% when I cut the huge trunk and measured the new splits this week and they are almost at 20% already! Was really surprised since the rounds were large but they were off the ground all summer and it's usually windy at our home. Looking forward to burning it to make a comparison to all the cherry we've been using this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.