Billboard vinyl tarps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
I came across a video where a guy was using old billboard coverings for tarp material. I’d never considered it before, but it’s heavy duty, UV resistant, and not in a horrible shape. Has anybody used it to cover wood, boats, etc? How long did it hold up? Is it hard to cut down to smaller sizes?

A friend used it in his large shelter logic sheds. The free std testing add was placed to the inside of the shed;) he like them but this year when we visited he was using OEM covers

I had a few pieces I used for top covering when I started burning wood in 2018. I’ve got one piece still going strong. It was put on the pile in 2018 and I haven’t had it off.
When they are frozen and you cover/uncover the pile as the winter goes they tend to come apart just like a regular tarp. If you can cover a pile and leave it alone they do hold up better than tarps for sure.

Reactions: oilcan1001