Bixby Maxfire 115 troubleshooting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Brenda is this stove new to you? Stove if turned on should start the exhaust fan then start the feed, then after its got some fuel in the pot should start the ignition sequence of starting the air pump to the ignitors then the ignitors should start heating Now if the exhaust system does not trip the vacuum switch for couple reasons it won't go any further
Wish I had a manual to forward but I am 1600 miles from home

Brenda is this stove new to you? Stove if turned on should start the exhaust fan then start the feed, then after its got some fuel in the pot should start the ignition sequence of starting the air pump to the ignitors then the ignitors should start heating Now if the exhaust system does not trip the vacuum switch for couple reasons it won't go any further
Wish I had a manual to forward but I am 1600 miles from home
I brought it off a friend of mine so i have no book to it. The fan kick on bit drop pelleta and everything just wont lite pellets

If not getting smoke in two minutes it's down to either bad ignitors or pressure pump. This stove is very hard to light manually and my method is for very experienced.
Didn't your friend show you how to get it going or at least show it working?

Reactions: Mt Bob
If not getting smoke in two minutes it's down to either bad ignitors or pressure pump. This stove is very hard to light manually and my method is for very experienced.
Didn't your friend show you how to get it going or at least show it working?
No she didnt they had it in storeage. It doesnt smoke at all i tried lite by hand and nothing.

No she didnt they had it in storeage. It doesnt smoke at all i tried lite by hand and nothing.
It sounds like both igniters are broken. My igniters don't work either. I bought a Wagner heat gun which I use to light mine. to light, turn on the stove and wait for air compressor to turn on (about a minute or so in, you'll hear it.). This is when the stove expects to be lit. Then, open door to stove, hold in metal door button so that the stove thinks it is closed and put heat gun in burn pot - all the way in. Unfortunately, you will have smoke. Also, you will have to loosen screws that hold deflector plate to the burn deck so you can push it out of the way. Pellets will ignite. Remove heat gun, re position deflector shield which should still be cool to the touch and close door. This may take a few times to perfect. sometimes, the pellets do not stay lit on the first try. That's ok, just follow the steps again. You don't have to re light the stove, just open the door and re light. As long as there is visible a flame, no matter how small, the stove should fully engage and operate. By the way, when re positioning the deflector shield, it should be dead center of the burn pot.

Buy a bottle of hand sanitizer take a handful of pellets and put in an old coffee can or jar pour in some sanitizer (enough to coat the pellets)and shake vigorously, pour into burnpot an light with a tourch close door

Greetings Bixbie Stove experts -

I cleaned the Max 110 and prepared for this heating season, just like the past 13+ years, but now the touchpad is "stuck" on max high heat. No issues from last heating season, gave it an end of season clean and unplugged it till this past weekend, so no power surges. My field laptop that i used in the past to monitor the stove has bit the dust, so i can't tell what's happening under the hood. Any suggestions for a USB - RS232 cable adapter to works with Win 10?? The touchpad heat adjustment arrows are not responding although the on and off switch is operational.

I'm adjusting the fan speed and feed rate with fine tune adjustments, and stove is "normal" except the touch pad is lite up like a Christmas tree. Any advice is most welcome...at the moment, my plan to let it be and keep both eyes open.

Thank you - Kevin