BK princess insert used

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tdm90

Feb 23, 2016
Philadelphia Pa
I have a regency i2100m which is okay but can’t keep the boiler from running overnight. There are coals to get a fire going still and sometimes the blower is still on, but not much heat at all.

I found a posting for a used princess insert saying a year old for $2700 but I don’t think I could pay anything over 2k for a used insert.

Here are some pics. What do you think?
DD2F7595-B82C-49C5-846C-927EFDE68A8F.jpeg 529A98BE-0E96-48B2-8417-E62ED529137F.jpeg C8984D10-27D5-43D2-83F1-66E78BD36FA8.jpeg

Ours is going on season 3. This one looks really dirty. Prob cosmetic but they didn’t even dust it for photos.

I’d offer less.

I mean it’s not a terrible price but I don’t know if people are mass shopping for used stoves.

Reactions: YAGER85
I think 2700 is way too high, isn' that what a new one costs?, I doubt anyone pays more than 2k for that stove.

Reactions: jetsam
Ours is going on season 3. This one looks really dirty. Prob cosmetic but they didn’t even dust it for photos.

I’d offer less.

I mean it’s not a terrible price but I don’t know if people are mass shopping for used stoves.

How is your BK Princess Insert treating you?

Capture.PNG

Something is funny about the top. It might be really old.

Something is funny about the top. It might be really old.
Yeah, I would be checking in the corners behind the bricks on that one, for sure. And I'd want a pic of the metal tag to confirm the age.
What's going on there in the bottom front of the box, and what is that second pic?

It looks just like my stove.

On one hand it is a great heater that heats my whole house.

On the other hand, it is a used stove, possibly with a dead cat, at a new-stove price.

I would make an offer, but nowhere near the asking price. I'd also want photos of the bypass area before going to look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.