BK Princess questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Hot spices2

Dec 20, 2022
SoCal
First a little background, I have used a generic wood stove for about 20 years. I burn eucalyptus firewood. The first year the chimney sweep guy cleaned the chimney and then the second year he asked me if I even used the wood stove, because it was so clean. The next year he again asked me if I was using the wood stove. I told it him again it was my main source of heat. He told me to call him every other year. So, I would say I have a good understanding of building a good fire.

So, I bought a BK Princess Ultra free standing wood stove February 2023. Everything I read tells me the serial number is on the front left side of the door opening. I can't find it? So can someone tell me where the serial number is?

I am now burning Energy Logs and eucalyptus. I love those Energy Logs.

Stuff is dripping down the chimney. Never had any dripping issues with my old generic stove. All stove pipes were replaced. The installer told me the doubled wall telescoping part was so long that basically I have triple wall in the house. Also, while he was trying to make the telescoping part smaller he slathered Vaseline on the the inside of the pipe. I have no idea how much Vaseline he used. Is the Vaseline what is dripping? He swept the chimney this summer after approximately 4 months of use. He said there was a lot of creosote. He gave me pointers on how to burn a good fire.

Questions: Did I get the latest model of BK Princess? Is the chimney installed right? Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks

20231127_160810.jpg

Could be the vaseline. Why didn't he just add a 12 or 18" length of pipe?

Hi, thank you for your response. I contacted Blaze King and sent pictures. They said the pipe was installed incorrectly. I notified the authorized dealer who had installed it. They corrected the issue the next day. I also looked into the pipe and everything was clean, no creosote build up. Which is a lot of peace of mind. Why it was not done correctly at the time of installation is beyond me.
As for the serial number on the Blaze King Princess Ultra, the serial number is on the back right side. (facing the stove from the back) It is NOT on the on the left side of the door. It was manufactured in 2022.

After using my Blaze King Princess Ultra for over 5 months, I am in love with my Princess. She is fantastic in so many ways.