BKK blower question-

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beetle-Kill

Minister of Fire
Sep 8, 2009
Colorado- near the Divide
This a minor issue, but is it possible to switch the fan speed switch from a "Hi-Lo" to a "Lo-Hi" setting?
I turn on my blower and it is at the High setting right off the get-go. I'd love to reverse it to Low setting, then turn it up as needed.
Thoughts? Thanks, JB

I don't really see the benefit here. Just turn the control all the to low right from the start. To the best of my knowledge, all blower controls go from high to low, unlike light dimmers that are the opposite. The blower motors need the extra power to get started.

Just leave it on low and install another switch in line somewhere?

Didn't consider the motor needing the extra umph on start up. OK, well as I said, minor issue . Thanks.

I like the high speed on since it blasts th ejunk out of the air channels before settling in for the nice breeze on low. The fans really do make a big difference on the BK stoves.

I like the high speed on since it blasts th ejunk out of the air channels before settling in for the nice breeze on low. The fans really do make a big difference on the BK stoves.
I agree! I think the blower made the Ultra a much more capable heater. It changed my opinion of blowers on wood stoves.

Oh the blower will make the stove more efficient..no doubt but I rarely need it.
But it is there for those really cold days or nights.

I run the blower all the time. Adding a convection deck I made out of 16g. made a difference also.

Status
Not open for further replies.