Blackstone Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Talegas

Burning Hunk
Oct 26, 2016
Metrowest MA
Well, a week went by and I have to say that the Blackstone brand do produce more heat than the Northern American Pellets i tried the week before.

Yes, the window darkened much faster, but it was able to keep the room warmer than NAP. If I had to choose between the two, i would stay with Blackstone.

Interesting observation was that at low setting (stall 1) the firepot seemed more lively with Blackstone than with NAP. I assume is due to the higher heat produced by the pellets.

This week I'm giving Lignetics a try. Sorry no pics of the build up in the firepot this time, but it was not as huge as with NAP, but definitely some hole were plugged.

Reactions: AccentraRRT
Thanks for the review (going back to February) interested to see your take on the lignetics? Just got a price point from a store down the street from me that had Blackstone, Lifnetics and Corinth pellets. 250-275/ton