Blaze King Princess Insert Surround Doesn't fit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

patrickoneal

Jan 25, 2017
Virginia
I got my liner in over the weekend, and worked on extending the top of my surround, and painting the extension.

I just went to install the side pieces and the left side does not fit. There's an angled piece in the way. I can cut off the part of the surround that's hitting, but wanted to make sure I'm not missing something. I'm guessing that since my stove was new-old-stock that maybe the surround is a different revision.

Right side fits fine:

4uIkw7j.jpg

Left side, no go:

Lh3ReSq.jpg

Take it apart and try it again. It's hard to explain, but you do not proper alignment.
Have you tried reversing the panels?

Take it apart and try it again. It's hard to explain, but you do not proper alignment.
Have you tried reversing the panels?

I'll try again. If I reverse the panels, the pilot holes for the screws that hold the aluminum trim will be at the top instead of the bottom, so I'm 99% certain I've got them correct as far as left and right.

I'll try again. If I reverse the panels, the pilot holes for the screws that hold the aluminum trim will be at the top instead of the bottom, so I'm 99% certain I've got them correct as far as left and right.
That's right, forgot about that. It takes some time, but the panel will fit. I've had this happen, but I can't remember what the hold up was?

Thanks, I got it in. There's small gap in the angled part for it to slide under. I couldn't see it for lack of light. I had to slide the stove out a bit further, which seems to stress the liner a bit, but all is well.