Blaze King Sirocco 30 vs Kuma Ashwood vs Pacific Energy Summit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Sorry to hear that. Did they not respond or no dealers in your area?
TSC has mostly US Stoves (not made in the US) and the US made Buck 74. How large an area are you trying to heat with a stove. Is this for 24/7 heating or more for nights and weekend chill chasing.
Thanks!
Was disappointing. I am rebuilding an ancient 1000 sq ft double wide.
I'm not a high heat consumer, spend most winter with doors open, sleep with windows open too :). When sleeping got a big ass dog, good down comforter and a beanie.
mainly to get rid of some cold days/nights specially since I'm working from home nowadays.

Last winter was using a big buddy propane heater wasn't home most of the time.
Something for less than $1k will suit me I think.
I miss my old wood stoves...

I called Kuma and they were very helpful on the phone. They will ship direct if you don't have a dealer in the area. But they have a fairly long lead time, at least on the model I wanted.

I called Kuma and they were very helpful on the phone. They will ship direct if you don't have a dealer in the area. But they have a fairly long lead time, at least on the model I wanted.
The problem was there are dealers around here even if they are 40 miles away.
Called them a year ago or so, sounded helpful, the Kuma lady was going to talk to company and see if they can handle it.
They never reached back to me. I decided to keep my $2000 and buy something cheaper since I'm not desperate for heat.

Main reason I wanted a Kuma, because I owned one before.
Also didn't want to buy something that will crack in a few years.
I've seen it work close to sheet rock without double walling well without being a fire hazard.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. Did they not respond or no dealers in your area? @kuma.jason
TSC has mostly US Stoves (not made in the US) and the US made Buck 74. How large an area are you trying to heat with a stove. Is this for 24/7 heating or more for nights and weekend chill chasing.
Very surprised Jason did not get back to you.

I’ve put some miles on a vmax. Lots of smiles.

Reactions: Vmaxer
Got a Costco in your area and are you a member? If so, look at the Drolet 1800. If there is a True North dealer, look at the TN20.

Got a Costco in your area and are you a member? If so, look at the Drolet 1800. If there is a True North dealer, look at the TN20.
Thanks,
Costco is only selling inserts according to their page, I'm a member. No TN dealers.
I'm also an exception to the fact I don't have an address, ups/usps doesn't support the area I live.
No one will deliver it to my place.
I would need to go and pick it up. Looked around to see if Drolet 1800 at any stores. Couldn't find any.
Loading a truck with 350+lbs stove is going to be a challenge these days, getting help is hard.
So a store can use equipment to load it. Unloading I can do.
Thankfully I'm not in a hurry. Will see how this saga turns out.

and apologies for hijacking this thread OP.

Last edited:
Back to the OP. @bboyes21 do you have any more questions?