Blazer review

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peterfield

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2013
New Hampshire
Now, you may have read a post or two about JRA buying these things pre-season. Well, curiosity got the better of me and I swapped some Lignetics for a half dozen bags of "JRA Gold." After burning a few bags I am impressed. One, the heat is good and I had to turn down the temperature a bit. Also, the stove's distribution blowers kicked on earlier than with other pellets I've used, telling me the internal stove temp rises faster during the start-up. Second, where the crap is the ash? Keep in mind, compared to my old wood stove, any pellet I've used produces so much less ash I really don't feel the need to complain but Blazers didn't get the ash memo apparently. I've been watching the burn pot and have yet to see any ash make its way over the lip and the ash draw and stove glass are both still clean this morning. Third, without actually measuring this, pellet consumption has dropped markedly. I opened the hopper this morning and usually it is almost empty but I was surprised to see there was still about a 1/4 hoped full of pellets. This tells me that although they are more expensive a ton than many other brands, you'll use less so the price difference isn't as far apart than it appears.

Now, you may have read a post or two about JRA buying these things pre-season. Well, curiosity got the better of me and I swapped some Lignetics for a half dozen bags of "JRA Gold." After burning a few bags I am impressed. One, the heat is good and I had to turn down the temperature a bit. Also, the stove's distribution blowers kicked on earlier than with other pellets I've used, telling me the internal stove temp rises faster during the start-up. Second, where the crap is the ash? Keep in mind, compared to my old wood stove, any pellet I've used produces so much less ash I really don't feel the need to complain but Blazers didn't get the ash memo apparently. I've been watching the burn pot and have yet to see any ash make its way over the lip and the ash draw and stove glass are both still clean this morning. Third, without actually measuring this, pellet consumption has dropped markedly. I opened the hopper this morning and usually it is almost empty but I was surprised to see there was still about a 1/4 hoped full of pellets. This tells me that although they are more expensive a ton than many other brands, you'll use less so the price difference isn't as far apart than it appears.
The reference JRA Gold is priceless. See Peter, now you know why I continue to let the world know how I scored these for 299 per ton during prebuy. I am glad to hear you like them. Also note this is only the third time I have talked about my blazers :). it's great I have over two ton left of these because of the warm winter thus far and plan on having a ton or so left over for next year. I hope to see that price again considering oil prices continue to drop. also did you notice no ash cakes at all in the pot? I never have to scrape with these.

Ye
The reference JRA Gold is priceless. See Peter, now you know why I continue to let the world know how I scored these for 299 per ton during prebuy. I am glad to hear you like them. Also note this is only the third time I have talked about my blazers :). it's great I have over two ton left of these because of the warm winter thus far and plan on having a ton or so left over for next year. I hope to see that price again considering oil prices continue to drop. also did you notice no ash cakes at all in the pot? I never have to scrape with these.

Yes, the lack of ash is remarkable. I wasn't complaining before with other brands I've used but I am impressed how little ash there is.

Same here don't have to scrape the burn pot like the FSUs love them Blazers ! Hey Pete have u Burned them before ? If not I'm willing to swap a few bags for the platinums .
me me

Hey Dan, how do you think the Platinums you sell compare with Blazers?
I have never burned Blazers, so I cannot compare them.
I do know that they are a good product, and would never say otherwise.
They're just pricey.
The Platinums burn pretty darn good... I think they are in the group of pellets that
most would consider upper tier.
And for $248 right now, IMO, that is the deal...
Any pellet, right now, selling for ~$300 or more would have to be "really" good to beat that value.
If they could...

Dan

I bit the bullet and bought a ton of Blazers,I`m disappointed with them.Yes the heat is great but
I have cakes in burn pot of the Big E and the Classic Cast P4000.

Status
Not open for further replies.