Blower coming on at start up?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

briggsy13

Sep 19, 2011
Maryland
So over the last couple days our 55 TRPH has started running the blower for a bit as soon as it kicks on to start up. It hasn't done this before. Obviously it is supposed to not turn on until the stove is lit and creating heat. I feel like this might be an indication that something is wrong or about to be wrong?? So far this is the only symptom I have noticed out of the ordinary.

Any ideas would be great, Thanks!

How old is the stove? You may want to check/replace the thermal sensor as that is what controls the room blower in conjunction with the board.

England Stove Works, the manufacturer, has a good track record for support service. Here's some of their troubleshooting links
http://www.heatredefined.com/support/troubleshooting-guide/pellet-stove-service-procedures

Thank you, I will research that further. I figured it is a symptom of something bigger and since it is our only source of heat we can't have a breakdown :)

Reactions: Lake Girl