Blower heat switch recommendation?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

The Principal

Nov 8, 2015
Rhode Island
I have my wood stove in my fireplace area and the the blower is difficult to reach. I am looking for a recommendation for a thermal switch that I can plug the blower into for it to automatically kick on when the stove is up to temp and off when it cools. I am looking to avoid any re-wiring or moving the whole stove out to work on it. Currently I am reaching under the fireplace every time I want to turn the blower on. I did a forum search, but I had a hard time finding a relevant thread. Sorry if common question. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are currently reaching under the stove, just add an extension cord with a switch in it is the simplest answer. If you want a thermostat, get a snap disc thermostat for a drier. They are cheap. Screw it to the side of the stove, cut the power wire to the fan and connect the snap disc. Minimal wiring that way.