Blower motor weak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Cowgirl66

Sep 8, 2020
Colorado
I have an Englander pellet stove. It doesn't seem to matter what setting I have the blower motor set at it seems to just blow the same amount of air into the room. Any ideas why this would be doing that?

When was the last time it was cleaned?

If the fan blower is plugged with pet hair or dust there
will not be much air movement.
That it out and look/clean it

Ok thank you. I will try that
I was having the same issue, must not have noticed the room blower air flow depletion over the years. This year after first start up barely felt any airflow at any blower level 1 -9. I just pulled the room blower from my old Englander 25-PVDC (2006) and the fins were totally clogged with packed dust and dirt. Cleaned them out with a small pick and then blew everything out with an air compressor, fins, motor, etc. Blower runs like new and have some pretty substantial CFM from the room air blower that I haven’t seen in a while. Gonna have to add cleaning this blower to my annual cleaning checklist. A little TLC here and there (ignighter, auger motor) over the years and this 25-PVDC still performs like a champ. Kind of a pain to remove and re-install this blower, I took out the control board and got a 12 inch long 1/4 inch rachet extension and an 8mm socket, this gave me better access to the screws which made the job easier.

I was having the same issue, must not have noticed the room blower air flow depletion over the years. This year after first start up barely felt any airflow at any blower level 1 -9. I just pulled the room blower from my old Englander 25-PVDC (2006) and the fins were totally clogged with packed dust and dirt. Cleaned them out with a small pick and then blew everything out with an air compressor, fins, motor, etc. Blower runs like new and have some pretty substantial CFM from the room air blower that I haven’t seen in a while. Gonna have to add cleaning this blower to my annual cleaning checklist. A little TLC here and there (ignighter, auger motor) over the years and this 25-PVDC still performs like a champ. Kind of a pain to remove and re-install this blower, I took out the control board and got a 12 inch long 1/4 inch rachet extension and an 8mm socket, this gave me better access to the screws which made the job easier.
Something else i have learned over the years with the pdv-25 blower is that ounce they slow down they are not able to disapate the heat and they will over heat and go into shut down mode. just another reason to keep them clean.

Something else i have learned over the years with the pdv-25 blower is that ounce they slow down they are not able to disapate the heat and they will over heat and go into shut down mode. just another reason to keep them clean.

...and lubricated. When you remove the room air blower and clean it, lubricate the bearings too. If the bearings are sealed skate bearings, pry off the dust shield and oil the inner races and snap back in the shield. If they are plain bearings (oil impregnated bronze sintered, oil them with motor oil and soak them good. Same applies to the draft fan motor. I've never replaced a motor because of bearing failure in over 15 years. Every spring when I clean mine for warm weather storage, all the motors get cleaned and lubed and that includes the auger motors.
Replacement parts are expensive, preventative care is cheap.

I actually wore out an Englander prior to my present stove, you can wear them out but it takes years.