blower noise on Hearthstone? Or to blow or not to blow that is the question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blacktop37

Jan 4, 2009
S. central Ks.
I am deciding on a blower on my ordered Eq. Are they as loud as pellet stoves or louder? If they are noisy I will save my money. Can you do the same thing running your ceiling fan?
Thanks
Steve

In general, stove fans are not as loud as pellet stoves since there are fewer of them. Pellet stoves have two blowers plus the auger motor. Also, many stove blowers come with a vari-speed or can be fitted with one.

Given a free standing stove like that, however, I doubt a blower is needed.

I have a Heritage and it's on the other side of my 1500 sq. ft. house, so I need to move air through my house as well. I don't have a blower, and don't think I'm going to get one. Instead of the blower, I use a ceiling fan and a box fan. The ceiling fan is on low and reverse in the same room as the stove. The box fan is on the other side of the house (open floor plan), and I push the cold air towards the room with the stove. This creates a nice air flow throughout my house and circulates well. With this setup, the room with the stove will be about 74 and the other rooms about 69. If I get the stove room up to 76, the other rooms will be between 70 and 72.

Good luck with your Eq. They are quite beautiful!

Get a tower fan that has a built in timer. That is what I use. I get the stove rolling strong before bed and put the fan near the stove rotating and set to run two hours once I check out. It works great and is quiet. They also have remote controls for them as well.

It seems to me some time ago a person here had a blower on there Mansfield and they had to have it replaced several times as it was noisy and broke repeatedly.

Also the fans are quite expensive as I recall.

Im leaning on saving my money for more firewood.
This 25 year rebuild has become quite expensive.

I just bought a Pinnacle Hearthmount Gas Stove, Vermont Castings, and the fan makes
an "aaaaaa" sound on levels 2 and above. The vendor I bought it from is finding all kind
of excuses to not come out and look at it. They are in total denial. Gosh, I just spent
$3,000.00 to buy and have this thing installed, and they are now lazy about everything
now that they installed it and got their money.

What do I do? !

Thanks,

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.