Blower not working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ljb1867

Dec 17, 2016
Belton sc
IMG_3885.JPG
I can here the blower turn on but the fan doesn't blow. I have no idea what kind of wood burning insert this is in my fireplace. The only thing I can find is it says Sun Belt on the door. I would like to replace the part myself If someone could maybe tell me what kind it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you pull the blower out?
If so, see what the markings are on that.
You may be able to match it at your local
hearth shop or an online vendor.

View attachment 190661 I can here the blower turn on but the fan doesn't blow. I have no idea what kind of wood burning insert this is in my fireplace. The only thing I can find is it says Sun Belt on the door. I would like to replace the part myself If someone could maybe tell me what kind it is.
I have an old insert with the same tree logo on the door, and I have the same problem. I don't know the name of the manufacturer, and I can't find any info on the logo. The fan stopped working,but I'm not sure where it's located on the stove, so I can take it out and have the motor rewound.I'd like to find a parts diagram.

Attachments

• DSCF0223.JPG
    DSCF0223.JPG
    199 KB · Views: 110
I'm gonna guess that both of those installs are slammers. Very convienent for pulling out and accessing the fan as there is probably no other way to get to it. Conversely, they are very dangerous to burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.