Boiler room size

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nrford

Minister of Fire
Feb 26, 2011
NW lower Mi.
Hello folks,

Enjoying this site very much. I'm going to be doing an install this summer, most likely an Effecta 35kw. I have an unattached 20X24 one car garage that I think has enough room. Or, should I put a small addition on it for storage and the boiler, then use the rest of the space in the garage for some wood storage? Thinking perhaps in the 8X10 or 10X12 size? What size is your boiler room?

How much wood do you think you are going to need for the year, and want to store? Do you have plans to use the garage for anything beside wood heating? I would think if it is exclusive to wood heating, 20X24 would be plenty for the boiler, plumbing, storage and at 8+ cord of wood. If you want to use the garage for things other than wood heating, what about a building a lean-to on the side or back of the building to hold the majority of the wood, with a door leading in right to the boiler. Ideally if it was on the south side of the building you would benefit from the sun to keep it nice and dry.

Yes I'm going to add a lean to on the south side for outdoor storage. The one car and some other things will still be in this garage but most of my stuff is in a 40X40 pole building. Only thinking of keeping a few months worth of wood in garage/boiler room @ a time. 2-3 years worth of wood outside.

mine is 12 x 14. It has the boiler two 500 gal storage tanks, 125 gal exp tank and can also hold 1 1/3 cord of wood.

Is there not an issue with having a boiler and a car in the same space.

I have an24x36 unattached garage. To keep my insurance company happy, it's now called a wood storage facility. In the back of said building, i have a 8x12ft insulated room. It works very well. My storage tank is in basement of house. i like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.