Boilers in Bangor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maine said:
Looks like I will make it there, its my birthday so I will give myself the day off, and it aint far from here, I would like to see a Froling.

Steve

Is Tarm listed? They have this nice trailer that has the units working, but will it show????? Unless something changes...to see a Froling got to go south my boy.

No, no Tarms or Frolings that I'm aware of. They should be there.

Oh, well it will be nice to put some faces on these names here, so that would be worth the trip, and I am sure there will be a lot of interesting stuff down there. I have come to the conclusion that this gasification boiler stuff has become a hobby for me, and not really a way to save on fuel oil cost. I like that Froling and I would pay the price when I some day could afford it, I see people spend thousands extra for a vehicle that they don't need but they have to have it, I would rather spend it on something that is going to sit im my basement, I already did the vehicle thing a long time ago, I don't care what I drive now, everyone is different.

Steve

Sorry I missed the boat! I don't get on the site all too often, and I just noticed the thread. I'm planning on attending the show to see the other boilers though. ALSO, we're having a free Getting Off Oil with Wood Gasification Boilers discussion here in Liberty tonight if anyone wants to see a Tarm SP in action, Scandtec, Excel and MultiHeat on the floor as well. We now have a functioning Froling heating our shop in Portland with an Open House coming soon down there too. Check out revisionenergy.com for contact details.

flyingcow said:
Maine said:
Looks like I will make it there, its my birthday so I will give myself the day off, and it aint far from here, I would like to see a Froling.

Steve

Is Tarm listed? They have this nice trailer that has the units working, but will it show????? Unless something changes...to see a Froling got to go south my boy.

Got an email from Chris H from Tarm, the trailer is already committed to another venue.

Thanks for doing that, flyingcow. They don't need no stinkin' trailer--they can bring a boiler and set it up down in the auditorium along with Garn, Econoburn, EKO, etc. I'm in charge of freight handling, so I'm guaranteeing it.

EDIT: The Maine distributor for Tarm and Froeling just signed up for a booth at the show. He's bringing a pellet boiler and a conventional gasifier. Not sure if it's going to be the Froeling or the Tarm, but we'll know soon enough.

Attachments

• P1010497.jpg
    P1010497.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 559
Eric Johnson said:
Thanks for doing that, flyingcow. They don't need no stinkin' trailer--they can bring a boiler and set it up down in the auditorium along with Garn, Econoburn, EKO, etc. I'm in charge of freight handling, so I'm guaranteeing it.

EDIT: The Maine distributor for Tarm and Froeling just signed up for a booth at the show. He's bringing a pellet boiler and a conventional gasifier. Not sure if it's going to be the Froeling or the Tarm, but we'll know soon enough.

If you can, tell the guy that there is interest in the Froeling...

Also, I'm still interested in carpooling up with someone - if you are coming up through the metro-Boston area, (I live near the intersection of 3 & 495, just south of Lowell) send me a PM. Willing to pitch in for gas and / or share driving if needed...

Gooserider

I don't sell anything. I put on the show, that's all.

Most vendors will sell the display units during the show. I know that because we usually load them up for them on the customer's truck. You save the shipping costs, plus probably get a discount.

I am looking forward to meeting some of you at the show in Bangor. Mark and I just got back from a show in upstate NY today, which was very cool... all the dealers for the various stoves and boilers were all great people, and we had a good honest trade show event. Now it's 3 days home and away we go again. Should be some pretty cool stuff at the Bangor show for sure. This will be my first time in Maine, and I can't wait. Good luck all!

cheers

got my free ticket last week. thanks Eric. Piker, first time in Maine! watch out for the Maine state bird. you will not have to look far, :p they will come to you. sweetheat

I got my ticket as well a few days ago. I can only be there on Friday, as I have another thing I have to be at in NH on Saturday, but I look forward to meeting whoever is there on Friday. I'll probably be wearing my Hearth.com hat, and / or some stuff with Guzzi logos on it, so I should be easy to spot...

Gooserider

Gooserider said:
I'll probably be wearing my Hearth.com hat.
Gooserider

Are these for sale?

sparke said:
The Garn dealer is Chris Holly - I forget the name of his business. Radiant ... something or other...

That man knows his stuff.

I think it's Radiant Floor Heating. I'm really looking forward to meeting Chris at the show. There's gonna be a boatload of potential customers there, according to my inside information.

Hey Shannon, the Lake States Logging Congress is in Escanaba this year. You and your dad should cruise on over. I bet there will be some pretty cool boilers there. Last time Cozy Heat had an EKO and a Blue Forge. There was also a Wood Gun on display. Bet there's more this time--it's two years later. Anyway, I'll be manning a booth there, and it would be great to meet two guys who have contributed so much to the Boiler Room. The show is always the first weekend after Labor Day, so early September. Beautiful time to be in the U-P.

Eric Johnson said:
Hey Shannon, the Lake States Logging Congress is in Escanaba this year. You and your dad should cruise on over. I bet there will be some pretty cool boilers there. Last time Cozy Heat had an EKO and a Blue Forge. There was also a Wood Gun on display. Bet there's more this time--it's two years later. Anyway, I'll be manning a booth there, and it would be great to meet two guys who have contributed so much to the Boiler Room. The show is always the first weekend after Labor Day, so early September. Beautiful time to be in the U-P.

I just looked that up and it sounds like a good show. I've been drooling over that show in your neck of the woods but Maine is quite a trip, but this sounds like a good one to attend. Sounds like a good road trip. Thanks for the information.

sdrobertson said:
Gooserider said:
I'll probably be wearing my Hearth.com hat.
Gooserider

Are these for sale?

Ask Craig - Far as I know, he just had a few made up for the mods, not sure of the details. However it's possible he might be talked into doing a Cafe Press page w/ "Hearth wear" if enough people were to ask him for them, or some equivalent... (probably put it on the Suggestion Box page)

Gooserider

Thought I'd post asking what people's plans are in regards to the Bangor Boiler (and other stuff :coolsmirk: ) Show? I will be there on Friday, can't be there on Saturday, as I have other commitments...

It is going to be a LOONGG day for me - Google maps says it's about 4 hours from home to Bangor, so if I want to be there when the show opens, I'm going to be leaving home about 5:00 AM and flogging the GF's bike to get up in time for the opening. Presumably it will take most of the day to see the show, and I hope to run into people over the day.

If there was a group gathering after the show for food (I am carnivorous, and mostly low-carbing FWIW) I would be potentially interested, but would need to be on the road for home by around 8:00 at the latest...

So what does it seem like any of the Friday crowd will have in mind?

Gooserider

If anyone wants to see the Green Horizon on the way to or from the show let me know. I live about 5 miles from the interstate between Augusta and Bangor. I will be going to the show on Saturday.

One other quick question for Eric, or anyone else that knows...

Is there anything available in the way of secure storage in the show area? I am coming up on a motorcycle that doesn't have locking bags, so I really don't have a safe space to put my riding gear and so forth, and at the same time I'm not really sure I want to haul it all around the show with me... Anyone know if there are gear-check areas, or some other alternative that would give me a safe place to park my gear while I see the show?

Gooserider

I think you be able to securely store your gear at the main office at the Bangor Auditorium. If not their is the Hollywood slots right across the street. I'm sure you'd find a lockable box over there. sweetheat

Gooserider said:
One other quick question for Eric, or anyone else that knows...

Is there anything available in the way of secure storage in the show area? I am coming up on a motorcycle that doesn't have locking bags, so I really don't have a safe space to put my riding gear and so forth, and at the same time I'm not really sure I want to haul it all around the show with me... Anyone know if there are gear-check areas, or some other alternative that would give me a safe place to park my gear while I see the show?

Gooserider

Might get lucky and one the guys/vendors here will have a vehicle handy to keep your stuff in.

Status
Not open for further replies.