Boots 101

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
southbound said:
Wound up driving 80 + miles to a FRENCHS SHOES AND BOOTS 1837 S CHURCH ST MURFREESBORO, TN....................

Super nice place and the folks were a great help.....

Ended up with a pair of these.. http://www.chippewaboots.com/boots/logger/26379

Let me know how you like them would love to be able to wear mine or how you get them broke in?

I have had them on this am hoping to loosen them up a little before I go off for 12 hours tomorrow.. So far so good they got wet and stretched a little...The only issue I have and it is the same on both boots kinda hard to explain too..The tongue is attached to both sides of the boot to stop water from getting in.This stops about half way up the tongue and this bit of leather has to fold onto it's self so you can pull the laces tight..This has created a lump inside the boot on the inside just over my ankles and is causing a pressure point....Thinking that after 12 hours of sweating and stretching they will work out fine...

On another note I like their custom boot restoration option...

$90 complete restoration (classic restoration plus welt and midsole replacement and any stitching necessary)

Or...

$65 classic restoration (new soles,insoles,laces,and refinish of upper)

southbound said:
I have had them on this am hoping to loosen them up a little before I go off for 12 hours tomorrow.. So far so good they got wet and stretched a little...The only issue I have and it is the same on both boots kinda hard to enplane too..The tongue is attached to both sides of the boot to stop water from getting in.This stops about half way up the tongue and this bit of leather has to fold onto it's self so you can pull the laces tight..This has created a lump inside the boot on the inside just over my ankles and is causing a pressure point....Thinking that after 12 hours of sweating and stretching they will work out fine...

On another note I like their custom boot restoration option...

$90 complete restoration (classic restoration plus welt and midsole replacement and any stitching necessary)

Or...

$65 classic restoration (new soles,insoles,laces,and refinish of upper)

Let me know how you do monday with a 12hr on them may just need to give mine another shot.

Bump.......How did the new boots work out?

The boots are great!!! Good traction and no blisters.......

Turns out these folks really need help and no one will do the work they ask you to do so... My bil told the boss I like cutting timber so they call and ask me to do so BUT that is not what they had in mind...They have me bush hogging under power lines with a MS 440 mag..See I was on the tra thing so I was still able to draw some but now I have taken this job I loose all my benefits and they knew this...They know I can't quit so they lied to get me to work.......

Any way I got a new MS 440 Mag..They wont let me use my chaps so I got a new pair of Stihl that are 8 inches to short.... O and we work 12 hours but only get paid for 10..Not sure how that works but I will find out when I get my first check....

Best part is it has been in the lower 100's high humidity and the terrain is strait up and then strait down..Boots are working great tho..

Remember the episode of axe man when they send the noobs up the hill for choker holes??? Well they did way better then I have been...

southbound said:
The boots are great!!! Good traction and no blisters.......

Turns out these folks really need help and no one will do the work they ask you to do so... My bil told the boss I like cutting timber so they call and ask me to do so BUT that is not what they had in mind...They have me bush hogging under power lines with a MS 440 mag..See I was on the tra thing so I was still able to draw some but now I have taken this job I loose all my benefits and they knew this...They know I can't quit so they lied to get me to work.......

Any way I got a new MS 440 Mag..They wont let me use my chaps so I got a new pair of Stihl that are 8 inches to short.... O and we work 12 hours but only get paid for 10..Not sure how that works but I will find out when I get my first check....

Best part is it has been in the lower 100's high humidity and the terrain is strait up and then strait down..Boots are working great tho..

Remember the episode of axe man when they send the noobs up the hill for choker holes??? Well they did way better then I have been...

lol at least your doing it with out blisters.....Step on a hot coal this weekend barefoot the blister was about the size of a golf ball. Your right that humidity bad here to getting an inch of rain a day.

Man, I don't understand all of what you said, but take my advice and walk away from this. It sounds horrible and like they're realling screwing you over. Not to mention that your personal safety is at risk. What's worth more than that?

Mass. Wine Guy said:
Man, I don't understand all of what you said, but take my advice and walk away from this. It sounds horrible and like they're realling screwing you over. Not to mention that your personal safety is at risk. What's worth more than that?

They suck him in!

Little update on the boots....

So far I really like them and will get another pair..............

Here they are after 80 + hours on the job...

DSC03929.jpg

My chaps aren't so new anymore either...

DSC03925.jpg

They look a lot dirtier in person.....

Nice They are broke in NOW!

Mass. Wine Guy said:
smokinjay said:
Also, if those chaps have a lot of oil and gas stains, keep in mind that this reduces the chainsaw stopping ability.
Seriously ? hows that ?

Thanks for the education !

Status
Not open for further replies.