Bosca and St. Croix - The same Control Board

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the rare occurrence of working on a St. Croix York Insert and a Bosca Classic 500 today. The control boards are exactly the same. Voltages, auger timing and interface. Interesting. Anyone know the manufacturer of the control board...I didn't look for stamps or stickers.

Also to note, the fire box and heat exchangers were very much identical.

I can almost bet that ACE made the board. If you look closely you will see several brands have very similar boards. You will also see that the wiring curcuit is very similar.

Some Enviro, Breckwell and Hudson river. Use the Ace boards. I really don't think many(if any) of the stove manufacturers make the boards. Pretty sure there buy them on the outside!

IDK, I am just a burner who fixes others and have seen my share of stoves. I have seen the ACE logo on many a boards. I though ACE was just into the electronics part of this. I didn't know they made stoves as well?

But I did sleep at a holiday in once. :) (sorry just had to)

j-takeman said:
IDK, I am just a burner who fixes others and have seen my share of stoves. I have seen the ACE logo on many a boards. I though ACE was just into the electronics part of this. I didn't know they made stoves as well?

Does ACE have a web site? If they do what is it?

jamesdjs said:
j-takeman said:

There was a post here from someone from ACE( I did a search but no go). They strickly do not deal with the general public. They purposely came here just to state that. I guess there were a few peeps asking questions about board repairs. They only deal with the manufacturer AFAIK. I will keep digging and post a link when I find it.

I could not find a website addy either thru google. Just a Business addy and phone number.

j-takeman said:
jamesdjs said:
j-takeman said:

There was a post here from someone from ACE( I did a search but no go). They strickly do not deal with the general public. They purposely came here just to state that. I guess there were a few peeps asking questions about board repairs. They only deal with the manufacturer AFAIK. I will keep digging and post a link when I find it.

I could not find a website addy either thru google. Just a Business addy and phone number.

Thanks for looking. Since I'm an EE I would like to see if it was possible to get the electrical schematics of the control bd. Without that its hit and miss to try and fix one.

Status
Not open for further replies.