Bosca Classic 500 parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyberc@t

Mar 22, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Is anyone aware of cross-compatible parts for the Bosca Classic 500? I did see the post about the control board, know of a few others, but am wondering about the switches. Are they also generic? I have the stove currently torn down and managed to find a convection blower, used in Whitfield, which will work in mine, I'm in Ontario, Canada.

As of late afternoon I installed a new convection blower (from a windfield). Had to drill out the bolt holes to make them larger, had to change the wire from some kind of single to the double head mine had but the blowers are the same .... works. For 20 minutes and then shuts off ... poor heat coming out of it.

Just over a month ago I changed the control board - this was from a Bosca but a slightly different one than mine. The two Bosca 500 control boards I can find are listing for $600 Cdn ... so it was a 'make do' project, The new one has two extra levels but right now the heat output isn't correct for any of them ... help appreciated though I really don't understand electricity.

tanya

Last edited:
Hate to say it, but if you can't source parts and support, you are better off junking it. Buy a new one or a new used one from an established manufacturer like Harman or Englander or Enviro. In the long run you will spend more time and money trying to fix that Bosca than it is worth. Threads about Bosca parts always appear and the parts can't be found or are very expensive.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.