Bought a Drolet HT2000!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2010
Ontario
Currently sitting in the trailer at my father's place. On sale for 25% off at TSC here in ontario. Can't wait to get this thing in the house!

Reactions: Jan Pijpelink
I'm going to a new stove in the next month or so, probably a HT-2000 as well, can't wait to hear how it works for you.

$995 US here at Fleet Farm, is that close to what you paid? TSC doesn't carry them here.

Sale Price before tax was $1049. Lowest I've seen was $997 at Menards in the USA... By the time I drive the 10 hours across the border... I'll have spent several hundred on fuel!

Now to get the thing home (visiting family at the moment... Towing it home on the way)... And get the thing in the house.

Reactions: Steve NW WI
Enjoy. It's a good wood stove.

Congrats ! Thats a nice stove from what I have seen !

Pete

Oh great, now we're going to have global warming in northern Ontario. LOL Enjoy that big guy, it should keep you nice and cozy.

Finally got it in the basement last night, and got it hooked up. Oh wow... this thing is nice. Haven't had it cranked out yet, but after a few hours of a nice low burn, I did let it get warmed up. Measuring flue temps (digital readout), once flue temps hit 800F, secondary burn kicks in and you can throttle the stove right down. It's actually quite amazing... watch the stove temp slowly climb with the damper 1/2 open (not trying to have a crazy hot fire really fast)... sitting in the 700's, creeping up slowly... once it hits about 800F, temp starts to jump like crazy. Throttle the stove down and watch the light show.

stove.JPG

Loaded it up before bed with a few splits (not packed full), and I still had a coal bed this morning (~7 hours). And not a tiny pile of coals that needs kindling to start up... a big pile of glowing red coals, waiting for some small splits.

My previous stove was also an EPA secondary burn stove... but about 1/3 the firebox size. It was a Flame XVR-II (made by SBI... same as Drolet). Nice stove, very well built, rated at 55,000btu. Loved that you could easily fit 18" wood in it... occasionally larger as well. But it just couldn't get nice long burn times because of the small firebox.

I don't have the blower on it yet, just the self-powered stove fan. Put out some nice heat. Still have to put the handle and pedestle surround on.

Just checking in to see how you're liking the new stove after a couple weeks of running it?

I'll likely be picking mine up later this week, and hoping to install it Saturday.

I love it! Get the blower... it puts out even more heat. I can pack a lot of wood into that stove!

Reactions: Steve NW WI
Finally got it in the basement last night, and got it hooked up. Oh wow... this thing is nice. Haven't had it cranked out yet, but after a few hours of a nice low burn, I did let it get warmed up. Measuring flue temps (digital readout), once flue temps hit 800F, secondary burn kicks in and you can throttle the stove right down. It's actually quite amazing... watch the stove temp slowly climb with the damper 1/2 open (not trying to have a crazy hot fire really fast)... sitting in the 700's, creeping up slowly... once it hits about 800F, temp starts to jump like crazy. Throttle the stove down and watch the light show.

View attachment 87846

Loaded it up before bed with a few splits (not packed full), and I still had a coal bed this morning (~7 hours). And not a tiny pile of coals that needs kindling to start up... a big pile of glowing red coals, waiting for some small splits.

My previous stove was also an EPA secondary burn stove... but about 1/3 the firebox size. It was a Flame XVR-II (made by SBI... same as Drolet). Nice stove, very well built, rated at 55,000btu. Loved that you could easily fit 18" wood in it... occasionally larger as well. But it just couldn't get nice long burn times because of the small firebox.

I don't have the blower on it yet, just the self-powered stove fan. Put out some nice heat. Still have to put the handle and pedestle surround on.
What size chimney did you vent that into. 6 or 8”

I think that may be 6" triple wall chimney pipe. Closing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.