Bought a Magnehelic gauge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ARGlock said:
Do you all have a link for the best Magnehelic gauge and whatever else I need with it? I need to get one to test a new PE Warmland that is smoking up the glass. The stove venting is a ICC PCOT Cleanout 90 right behind the stove adapter up about a foot to a 90 and then straight out 24 inches through the wall to a Jet Cap.

How would I hook the Magnehelic to the Pacific Energy Warmland?

Thanks Amigos,

AR

I got my gauge off ebay. But grainger has them.

The setting info is right in the manual.

Draft Damper
The PS45 stove has a draft damper located at the left side
of the stove directly in front of the combustion blower. After
the stove is installed the Draft Damper will need to be set for
the vent configuration. Using a magnehelic gauge, adjust the
Slider until a reading of .12"-.14" is achieved in the firebox.
The sampling hole is located in the top of the ash box, above
the ashpan.
To reduce the draft, move the adjuster toward the
center of the stove.

Lots of stuff can be learned about the stove if you actually read the manual. :)

Thanks J!!!!! You are the Stove GURU!!! :) I really need to read more but have about two feet literally of paperwork on my desk now to read. I'll order a guage and see what we can do with this Warmland unit. Overall we are really impressed with it. It puts out heat like a Steam Locamotive!!! You are correct if you actually read all the print in the manual you can learn a lot!!!! :)

AR

I see Magnahelic gauges from $66 - $171 on Amazon.com and many variations on Grainger.com. I wonder which one is the best for stove adjusting and does it come with a hose and I believe a tip is needed?

Thanks,
AR

ARGlock said:
I see Magnahelic gauges from $66 - $171 on Amazon.com and many variations on Grainger.com. I wonder which one is the best for stove adjusting and does it come with a hose and I believe a tip is needed?

Thanks,
AR

Because the draw is so low on a pellet stove I like the low pressure range gauge. Somewhere around 0 to 0.25 is fine. The Dwyer 2000-00 AV is what I ordered. Grainger number 3T295

Ebay has one listed for $45 plus shipping

http://cgi.ebay.com/DWYER-MAGNEHELI...167?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588bb77d07

Here is a 0 to 0.50 which would work OK on ebay for around $30 plus shipping

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Dwyer-Model...685?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c592c267d

Thanks J!! I just bought the 2000-00 AV from the first E-Bay listing. Will I need to buy some tubing and a tip? Maybe I can find that locally?

AR

ARGlock said:
Thanks J!! I just bought the 2000-00 AV from the first E-Bay listing. Will I need to buy some tubing and a tip? Maybe I can find that locally?

AR

1/8 ID. Vacuum tubing from the local auto parts store and they some times have small brass nipples(napa does anyway). Or a piece of brake line also works.

Hey J!!

I received the Magnehelic gauge in the mail today. Thanks for finding it for me!! Do I hook the vacum tubing to the center outlet of the gauge? I see where it has one in the center and one closer to the outside. I suppose you leave one open when testing the vacum?

Thanks,

AR

I believe its the center. The gauge will measure both Low and high pressure.

Did it come with an instruction sheet?

Attachments

• 2000 00 AV.jpg
    2000 00 AV.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 332
It is used and just came in a box with no instructions or I would have read them. :) From the drawing you posted, it looks like I only connect the line to the low pressure center opening and leave the other one open.

Thanks,

AR

Got mine off ebay, paid $30 IIRC new in the box (new old stock)

For low pressure (suction) connect low side to hose and leave the other one open.

Status
Not open for further replies.