Brand Name Pellet Insert Stoves?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alexdrozd

Jun 19, 2008
New Haven County,Ct
I am beginning my search for pellet insert stoves. Which brands are the "Cadillac" of the industry? You pay more for them but they are built better and will last longer?

Which brands are more economical? Price is right to begin with but may break down more often or not last as long?

Just trying to get a feel for them before I start poking around in all the local stores.

Thanks.

You might get better replies if ya repost on the pellet and crib forums. Or not?

It somewhat depends on the size of stove needed, but Quadrafire, Harman and Enviro are good bets.

Boy, it would be impossible for someone to really know which brands break down more......the sample is just too small.

There are many brands which are popular regionally - for instance, out west or in the midwest a brand might be "bigger" than it is here.

I don't think that high priced brands break down any less than more moderately priced units. Higher priced units might weigh more, have more trim and details, etc.

Harman is probably the most well known Cadillac brand....as much as twice the price of some other units. Quadrafire is another big brand. Avalon and Lopi are well known, as well as Enviro - maybe some others...again, regionally.

Your best bet is to visit the dealers and kick tires, get prices and then stop back and see if folks have experience with the particular units you are looking at.

BTW, some of our members are saying that Harman is sold out until January on many models.

Status
Not open for further replies.