Breaking in the new stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigcube

Feb 27, 2008
Upstate NY
Well after my first weekend with the new stove (quadra-fire Cumberland Gap)I have to say I like it! I like the side door, keeps the floor much cleaner. It's a much different heat than my old one. It seems to run at a much more stable temp. I don't see the difference in temp from one room to another like I did with the old one. It just seems to hum along all day long with much more gental flames than my old stove. It's difficult to get it hot enough to keep the glass clean but the heat is very nice. Here's a short vid. When the secondaries light up it's mesmerizing. Bonus point's for who can name the band, It's not easy picking a song to go with fire so I just picked one that I like :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1WAxlJTXZM

Nice stove and video. Enjoy!

Nice vid, great stove. Band sounds familiar, but can't place the voice. Def sounds like an 80's band. I guess Dokken or maybe Jackyl.

Status
Not open for further replies.