Breckwell 5520

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Laker

Dec 10, 2017
Pennsylvania
Breckwell 5520 convection blower will ot shut off until you unplug stove. When you plug it back in it comes back on. What is the cause, the control panel?

Sounds like a voltage spike took out the board. You could pull the plug and remove the board and check for burnt traces & components. Maybe fix it yourself. More than likely need a new board

Yes your right Jeff, Sorry Laker try jumping the low limit switch by the combustion blower. My head is up well, not thinking straight.

How do you test the Lowe limit switch?

Unplug the stove , take a paperclip and connect the wires off the low limit switch. Turn stove on and see if it runs properly dont let the 2 wires connect to the stove it will ground out.. Dont run the stove that way permanently it is a safety feature. If stove does work order the switch

Last edited:
Unplug the stove , take a paperclip and connect the wires off the low limit switch. Turn stove on and see if it runs properly dont let the 2 wires connect to the stove it will ground out.. Dont run the stove that way permanently it is a safety feature. If stove does work order the switch
Both the combustion and convection blowers run continuously until the stove is unplugged

Ahhhhh both do. Ok somthing on the board got shorted. Which board do you have

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Ok i gotta fire up the pc my ipad cant keep up lol

Laker are you comfortable about pulling out your control board to ck the traces? my big-e got a spike this fall from lightning hitting my transformer at the pole (no i didn't have a surge protector then) it burned a couple traces (circled). unplug first

lighting072217.jpg

I think we're caught between either a board issue or a low limit switch stuck in the closed position. Did you notice if the light went solid on your controls when you plugged the switch wire back in after the 5 minutes?