Breckwell Big E not Lighting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rafter2S

Sep 22, 2016
oregon
I have a 2000ish Brekwell Big E that has worked great to hear my shop. It is hooked to a thermostat and comes on and off by based off the the temperature. Recently it hasn’t been lighting very consistently. Some times there are no pellet in the burn pot and other times there the out is full. When the burn pot is full there are a few chared pellets in the pot where the hot rod touches it. Either way the panel will be flashing and I have to acknowledge it prior to trying to light again. Once lite the pellet feed seems to be good and consistent.

Any help trouble shooting would be great. Thank you.

When is the last time you cleaned out the hopper? i get the same situation when the fines build up in the hopper

When is the last time you cleaned out the hopper? i get the same situation when the fines build up in the hopper
Been a few weeks since deep cleaning of the stove. I keep the hopper pretty full so usually don’t see the bottom. I’ll run it down and vaccume it out. Thank you for the response.

I usually run my hopper down 2x a season and clean out the fines. Their is usually enough in their to cover about 50% of the auger and slow the feed of pellets