Breckwell Control Board Part Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

flysar

Dec 19, 2012
Downed power line & stove no longer works. Pulled circuit board & found the fuse popped & this circular piece with a hole in it.
I was planning to attempt repair myself before shelling out $500.
Anyone know what this part is called?
Breckwell P4000 Cast
Thank you,
Del

Attachments

• 20190930_132202.jpg
    20190930_132202.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 155
Downed power line & stove no longer works. Pulled circuit board & found the fuse popped & this circular piece with a hole in it.
I was planning to attempt repair myself before shelling out $500.
Anyone know what this part is called?
Breckwell P4000 Cast
Thank you,
Del
Just now figured it out that it is a MOV, metal oxide varistor. Ordered 5 pieces (v130la1p) & I'll report back once I make the repair.

Hope it works for you, I had a capacitor on the control board of my US Stove 6041 swell up and it wouldnt power on. Soldered on a new capacitor and it worked. Makes me wonder how many other boards have something simple like that go bad.

make sure u put it on the right way.. if memory serves me right they are marked positive/negative

Only ones that are polarity sensitive are electrolytic, tantalum, most foil (drops/dipped). Safety/mov’s don’t matter