Breckwell P2000I won't run

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ckphoto

Dec 1, 2007
nj
I have a Breckwell P2000I that after a normal cleaning (vacuum out ash and clean glass) will not run. When I turn it on it starts exhaust fan, feeds pellet, starts fire and then it shuts down and turns on room fan. If I hold the on button after that to try and reset, it turns off room fan, keeps exhaust fan going and feeds pellets for about 1 minute before shutting down. I installed stove about 12 years ago it is vented straight up chimney 4" with cap about 16'. I tried jumping the POF and the High Limit with no changes. I checked the hose on the vacuum switch and it is clear I also pulled it and lightly sucked on it and can hear it click. The exhaust fan was replaced 2 years ago and is clean and functioning. The door gasket looks good and I get a good flame. I did get it to run once after repeatedly turning it back on but when I shut it down 3 days later to clean it would not start again. I am at a loss it has always ran well any help would be appreciated.

I have a Breckwell P2000I that after a normal cleaning (vacuum out ash and clean glass) will not run. When I turn it on it starts exhaust fan, feeds pellet, starts fire and then it shuts down and turns on room fan. If I hold the on button after that to try and reset, it turns off room fan, keeps exhaust fan going and feeds pellets for about 1 minute before shutting down. I installed stove about 12 years ago it is vented straight up chimney 4" with cap about 16'. I tried jumping the POF and the High Limit with no changes. I checked the hose on the vacuum switch and it is clear I also pulled it and lightly sucked on it and can hear it click. The exhaust fan was replaced 2 years ago and is clean and functioning. The door gasket looks good and I get a good flame. I did get it to run once after repeatedly turning it back on but when I shut it down 3 days later to clean it would not start again. I am at a loss it has always ran well any help would be appreciated.
I have a similar problem last two days it turned out that not only cleaning my stove out I failed to remember to empty out the chimney clean-out after looking at a YouTube video on my stove a vogelzang 5790 that the collection area at the bottom of the chimney where I have the clean-out cap was full of Ash above the fireplace exit was creating too much heat in the exhaust then they therm-o-disc or heat sensor in the exhaust if you will wood shut the fireplace down. Hopefully you have a fireplace clean-out near the exit of your stove where you can just remove the cap and see how much ashes accumulated there.

temporarily bypass your vacuum switch and see if it works... Just because it clicks does not mean its good..

Reactions: Ssyko