Breckwell SP6000 possible control board problem.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

divertim

Jan 16, 2012
Michigan
I have a Breckwell SP6000

I think I may have a problem with the control board.

I fired the stove up yesterday and waited for the start up cycle is complete.

I then noticed heat level one light was blinking. So I looked in my manual to see what that meant. There wasn’t anything about that light blinking.

Then I tried to go up a couple heat levels after I did that level one and three blink.

I checked the fuse on the control board and the air flow switch and they are both ok.

When I push the power button to turn the stove off nothing happens it just keeps running.

Does anyone have any ideas what else I should check or what the problem might be?

Thanks

Tim

Here is the info from your manual. What light is blinking?

Flashing dash in Heat Range Display:
This indicates that the heater is in the normal run mode and is ramping from the current
heat range setting to the target heat range setting. Once the ramp is complete, the dash will stop flashing. For ramping from heat
range 1 to 5, the default time is 12 minutes (with a 90 second ramp time).

Flashing heat range value in “Heat Range” display:
For example, if the display is showing “Hr-3” and the ‘3’ is blinking, this indicates that the heater thermostat input is open and not calling for heat. While this is happening, the actual heat range value is 1 (low).

I understand how the hear range display works. I can let the stove run for hours no matter what I do 1 and 3 blink continuously.

When I want to turn the stove off and push the power button nothing happens it just keep running. I have to open the hopper lid to make the auger stop so the fire will go out. Then after the stove is cool I unplug it to shut it off.

Hmm sounds like a board issue at this point. Unless there is some hidden diagnostic meaning that the owners manual doesn't mention. Try calling your stove dealer. Maybe they can shed some light on the issue.

What is the date of manufacturing on that unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.