Broke the Fiskars Pro Splitting Ax

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigg_Redd

Minister of Fire
Oct 19, 2008
Shelton, WA
Took it back to the place I bought it (Olympia Supply) and they exchanged it.

The End.

I realize this post is super boring.

The End.

Bigg_Redd said:
Took it back to the place I bought it (Olympia Supply) and they exchanged it.

The End.

I realize this post is super boring.

The End.
ok howed you break it?

seeing as you have not said "how" you broke it... I'm figuring that you were out, deep in the woods, suddenly a 9', no a 12' grizzly comes screaming out of the thick right for you! With little time to react you instictively reach for your trusty Fiskars and without any hestitation make a forward lunge to meet the beast head on (you daredevil)! After several feints and parries you lodge that bad boy deep in his shoulder. KNowing that his opportunity for lunch has passed, and that he is likely to end up as a rug, he turns to run off, torquing the handle and splintting the wood. Moments later Bigg Redd stands along catching his breath wondering how so much could happen in 45 seconds. Then realizes that he needs a new axe. Sound about right?

Delta - Close. I was sawing on a pile of Doug Fir butt cuts and using the Fiskars as a peavy/pulp hook rolling the butt cuts off the pile. One butt cut didn't want to turn so I pulled harder and the handle snapped.

Delta-T said:
seeing as you have not said "how" you broke it... I'm figuring that you were out, deep in the woods, suddenly a 9', no a 12' grizzly comes screaming out of the thick right for you! With little time to react you instictively reach for your trusty Fiskars and without any hestitation make a forward lunge to meet the beast head on (you daredevil)! After several feints and parries you lodge that bad boy deep in his shoulder. KNowing that his opportunity for lunch has passed, and that he is likely to end up as a rug, he turns to run off, torquing the handle and splintting the wood. Moments later Bigg Redd stands along catching his breath wondering how so much could happen in 45 seconds. Then realizes that he needs a new axe. Sound about right?

Note that when the Grizzly appeared, he had to think quickly and put down his chainsaw in order to grab the axe - he did this knowing that chainsaws are only good for chasing away mountain lions (re: previous threads...)

%-P :lol:

Gooserider

You must have bent that thing into nearly a "U" in order to snap that handle. Proper tool for the proper task. I realize that last statement of mine was super boring. Rick

fossil said:
You must have bent that thing into nearly a "U" in order to snap that handle. Proper tool for the proper task. I realize that last statement of mine was super boring. Rick

In this we agree.

Bigg_Redd said:
fossil said:

In this we agree.

On that note, I simply want to add that I burned absolutely no wood today. Rick

fossil said:
Bigg_Redd said:
fossil said:

In this we agree.

Me either. Neither did I bring any wood in from the woodshed.

Bigg_Redd said:
fossil said:
Bigg_Redd said:
fossil said:

In this we agree.

Me either. Neither did I bring any wood in from the woodshed.
Me either. Neither did I bring any wood in to the woodshed.

Having no woodshed, I was unable to bring any wood to it today.

However, even if I did have a woodshed it is highly unlikely that I would have brought any wood anyways.

But tommorow - who can say? It's that excitement that gets me out of bed every morning.

Was busy pouring cement, no wood shed, and was too hot afterward to pile any wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.