Broken in, and first “full temp” fire. This stove seems to want to cruise along at 650-700 or so…yikes..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
It may need a key damper in the stove pipe to tame down the draft with that tall chimney. This stove breathes fairly easily.
Better to try this approach first, than to alter the stove and possibly void the warranty.
I've got two pipe dampers in SIL1's 16' stack, on the easy-breathing PE T5. She doesn't usually need both, but the second one definitely cuts more air than just one.

Reactions: johnnyvirgil
Outside probably 4’? The rest of the chimney is inside a chase in the house. I am running it all the way closed, but it still seems pretty open.

View attachment 311699
Is this pic fully closed air control? When I first installed my 602CB the air slide didn’t seem to fully close but after awhile it loosened up and just about closed completely. When reloading with a good coal bed I was shutting the air down within 5 min. This stove can really take off fast, using a pipe thermometer will help.

Is this pic fully closed air control? When I first installed my 602CB the air slide didn’t seem to fully close but after awhile it loosened up and just about closed completely. When reloading with a good coal bed I was shutting the air down within 5 min. This stove can really take off fast, using a pipe thermometer will help.
Yes, that is full closed. I have the CB too, and there are two cast "bumps" on the inside of the V2 that prevent it from closing like the CB does.

Yes, that is full closed. I have the CB too, and there are two cast "bumps" on the inside of the V2 that prevent it from closing like the CB does.
Yeah I saw a video on YouTube where a guy ground those bumps down to close the air more.

Yeah I saw a video on YouTube where a guy ground those bumps down to close the air more.
I think I actually posted that here. The CB door definitely closes more. It's so sloppy anyway, even fully closed it still sucks air. I think someone said as per design, it brings in air over the front glass too.

Reactions: Todd
Yeah I believe there is no glass or door gasket on top that allows unregulated air wash over the glass so it’s getting plenty of air even if the primary air slide is fully closed.