Broken underground pex

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Heatmore200s

May 13, 2023
Missouri
The underground pex going from my OWB to my house is broke. A backhoe hit it. Can I spice it or do I need to run all new. The run is about 150feet.

You can splice it. You will need a pex rated for hydronic systems. It has an oxygen barrier in it. Pex A and Pex B also have different connectors.

Reactions: Heatmore200s
I have a 20foot piece left over from when I installed it so I can use that! Thanks. Do you recommend a certain connector?
You will need to find out what brand of pex you have. I used Viega brand when I did my under ground lines. I ran four lines to my house and foamed them in the trench. The Viega brand took there special connectors and tool to crimp them.

My underground lines are Rehue which have their own connectors
At the time they were one of the few companies with underground rated connectors.