Broseley versus Magnum and Esse Ironheart?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update John. That sounds like a pretty nice deal. Please be sure to come back with some reports and pictures of the installation once you have it up and running. I am very curious about this stove. And now that we see we can get the Magnum in the states it will be helpful information for others contemplating this stove.

PS: Were you able to find out the country of manufacture for the Brosley? It may be on the back of the stove.

Well done John!

Please post a few piccies once you have it installed.......

Don't forget we all like pictures ;-)

Hello
Well heres a picture of the Rosa been delivered!
Fantastic service from the delivery man he is situated in the north of England and carries mostly heavy machinery.
You can find him on ebay and because his vehicle is small he can drop things through your door!
We slid the cooker across the tiled kitchen floor on a bit of old carpet a lot easier than I thought.
So will report back when installed!
John

Attachments

• Rosa being delivered!.jpg
    Rosa being delivered!.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 486
Smith and May masonry sells some wood cook stoves,check em out.

http://www.elmirastoveworks.com/specs/Fireview - US Retail.pdf

Elmira Fireview

For More Information

The latest advance in the way things used to be... The Fireview is a high-efficiency, air-tight wood-burning cookstove that is perfect for home, cottage or camp. It serves as a high-output room heater, a cooking appliance, an attractive fire-viewing woodstove .

Attachments

• elmira_fireview.jpg
    elmira_fireview.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 350
Hello Folks!
At last the Broseley / Nordica is finally up and running it works beutifully and the oven easily maintains 200c.
If anyone requires further information let me know.
Best Wishes John

Attachments

• nordica.jpg
    nordica.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 903
It looks great. My wife wants one, even though we have nowhere to put it.

Sounds like I'll have to make somewhere........ ;-)

That has to be a nice addition to the house. Thanks for the update. It really fits in nicely there and looks beautiful. How does it cook?

Did you by any chance find out if the stove is actually made in Serbia for LaNordica by Sopka?

Hello Again.
Thank you for your comments.
As I said the stove works very well appears economical yet very hot!
Have not had time to try serious cooking yet. But tonights frozen chips were done to a crisp!
The cooking temp seems remarkable stable. I have only been running a small fire yet the oven seems to maintain 200c with no difficulty.
Regarding the origin of the product I think this model comes from Italy as all the cast parts have a N for Nordica cast in them.
Although it is a bit of a mystery, the Serbian model has many small differences The door castings have a different format. the hinges are not the same the casting at the front of the firebox has a different no of "teeth". The guard rail brackets are also not the same. The internal damper for the oven is cast on the Nordica and sheet steel on the Serbian version. The removeable panel in the base of the oven is not as robust.
So all in all not the same even though it looks very, very. similar perhaps a copy just that bit different not to infrnge patents etc. Can anybody in the stove industry tell us the truth?
Oh incidentally lighting is a dream just the same as the youtube film on the Serbian Magnum 30 to 45 Mins and your cooking on gas, So to speak!
Best Wishes from the Yorkshire Dales England
John

Good info John. I would love to cook in and on that stove. I'm not sure about the Sopka. Maybe they are using some Nordica castings and assembling their own version in Serbia?

Looks great, love the way they delivered your stove, great idea!
Glad it all worked out for you, keep in touch with regular updates on how the stove works long term.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.