Brought home a new monster torquing hauler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BrianK

Well, actually this one is just something for my 16yo to haul his push mowers, trimmers, etc. He's trying to grow his neighborhood lawn service and needed something simple and cheap to haul his gear. Its a 1992 Dodge Ram 50 which we picked up for $1200. The Ram 50 was a Mitsubishi Mighty Max re-badged as a Dodge. Its rear drive, 2.4 liter 4 cylinder with auto trans. It only has 65,000 original miles and it ran great on the drive home. We put almost 200 miles on it yesterday and today and averaged 22mpg. It hauled all my firewood cutting equipment to my dad's to work on a big fallen oak today.

ram1.jpg
ram6.jpg
ram7.jpg

Looks like you got a good deal on that truck for your boy - seems to have been well taken care of - congrats and congrats on having an industrious boy! Cheers!

I see a father son business starting. Your sons landscape customers may have wood for you to cut up, and when your out on a scrounge, they may need their grass cut. Nice hauler!

Great buy.....a 16 y/o looking to expand his neighborhood business is great....that boy is gonna go places with that kind of thinking

Nice little truck and should serve your son well. Keep an eye on head gaskets. Not uncommon for them to blow. Had it happen to mine and it was just out of warranty. Took some discussion with Dodge to get it fixed, they agreed to cover 80% of the bill.

Thanks all. Lawn service was one of my first "jobs" growing up in Altoona PA. One of my best customers was Nancy Sheetz. Her husband owned Sheetz Inc. Anyone who has shopped or bought gas at a Sheetz convenience store should know the name. They were well off back then, 30 years ago. Now they have almost 500 stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.