BT Enterprises November Sale

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just got back from BT with some sample bags....

barefoot
spruce pointe
okie's
pure fire

those pure fires smell so good i put a hand full in my cup holder as an air freshener.....anyone have that # to pellets anonymous?

let us know how those okie's and spruce pointe burn on your stove and how the heat is.

HEMI said:

barefoot
spruce pointe
okie's
pure fire

those pure fires smell so good i put a hand full in my cup holder as an air freshener.....anyone have that # to pellets anonymous?

Hemi,

Is there a web address on the pure fire bags?

Curious on what else there are selling by the bag too?

Glad to see you are trying the softies.

jay

jtakeman said:
HEMI said:

barefoot
spruce pointe
okie's
pure fire

Hemi,

jay
nah, no web address....just says that its a product of DRY CREEK

HEMI said:
jtakeman said:
HEMI said:

barefoot
spruce pointe
okie's
pure fire

Hemi,

jay
nah, no web address....just says that its a product of DRY CREEK

Found it, I forgot there a dry creek product.(old age is setting in)

http://www.drycreekproducts.com/pelletfuel1.html

BT has them as 100% softwood. Does it say that on the bag? What kind of softwood? Been a long time since I burned them.

I also liked the Okies smell. Rockies smell nice too!

You me and geek gotta meet there some day.

those pure fires smell so good i put a hand full in my cup holder as an air freshener…..anyone have that # to pellets anonymous?.........

Just keep buying pellets and you will be OK. When you stop buying we will send the looney people catchers to get you! You will become a risk to everyone. Can't have you on the streets. There is no cold turkey or any type of cure. If you can't afford to buy, You must at least look. Now 3 deep breaths and say there only pellets. Call macman in the morning and you should be fine! :lol:

just says 100% pure wood fiber.....sure do have to meet there one day and maybe catch a fews beers close by

Has the manufacturer price for okies gone down or is this a BT deal? My dealer here in NH is quoting $285 a ton for okies as of last Friday. $30 a ton difference is a big deal to me.

Thanks for the quick reply BTU. I'm still planning to order a pallet of Oakies from them though. This will be my first Oakie order and I'm looking forward to giving them a try. If they compare with the Blazers I burned last winter I'll be really happy.

The best pellet I've used in the three seasons I've been burning pellets are Bear Mountain.. a fir pellet. Last year they were very pricey @ $320.00/ton which was a deal breaker. This year they are @ $270.00. I've been paying $197.00/ton for my Uncle Jed's but I may add a ton of Bear Mountain this year because they burn with very little ash which is great when the heat's up high during Jan/Feb.

HEMI said:
just says 100% pure wood fiber.....sure do have to meet there one day and maybe catch a fews beers close by

can you post your experience with both the spruce pointe and okanagan on your stove?

geek said:
HEMI said:

can you post your experience with both the spruce pointe and okanagan on your stove?

both burned the same to me......clean, great heat, and low ash

ok, thanks.

Anyone going to BT ?

I might go next week for more samples. I have my supply for the season already.

What day you going?

i have around 2 and a half tons (~120 bags) and think I may need half more.
A bag lasts around 18~20 hours, so doing the math-"guesstimate" for Dec/Jan/Feb/March .........what I have should last me for 3 months (I think) for the main stove in 1st floor.
The stove in the basement runs in a needed basis only........so perhaps I need a full ton but not sure if waiting is better due to prices getting more attractive, what you think?

I'd very much like trying both the Sprunce Pointe and Okanagan since I never tried softies.

Status
Not open for further replies.