Buck 2700 Liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MattBuck99

Oct 5, 2023
Connecticut
Hello everyone,
I Bought a house recently that has a buck 2700 "slammer" installed. I'm doing my due diligence by sweeping my chimney and installing a liner so that I can run it this winter. I'm running into an issue with the liner. I've looked online and people are saying that my stove needs an 8in liner but my chimney is too small to accept one. Why is an 8in liner needed and can i get away with a 6in one.

Hello everyone,
I Bought a house recently that has a buck 2700 "slammer" installed. I'm doing my due diligence by sweeping my chimney and installing a liner so that I can run it this winter. I'm running into an issue with the liner. I've looked online and people are saying that my stove needs an 8in liner but my chimney is too small to accept one. Why is an 8in liner needed and can i get away with a 6in one.
Following, I am in the same boat.

Hello everyone,
Because that is what best matches the volume of the outlet on your stove