Buck, Flame, Napoleon?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jlbash1

Hearth Supporter
Oct 28, 2009
Western KY
So my options where I live are somewhat limited, there are two buck dealers, and a dealer that has Napoleon and Flame. I am considering Either a Buck 21, a Napoleon 1101, or the Flame XTD 1.5 insert. I guess there is always the internet since I am probably going to install this myself, along with a stainless flex liner.

Any opinions? I don't want to spend too much $$ on this stove, but I do want to get a decent stove that will be easy for my wife to use and be efficient.

I am wanting to heat a 700 sq ft room with vaulted ceilings mainly so I think these small inserts are the best option.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

All three are fine stoves for that amount of space heating. I would suggest that you throw the Englander 13-NCI into the mix since you are doing the install. It is available through a lot of local sources and would give you direct factory support and a firebox in that range.

Status
Not open for further replies.