Buck Model 74 Install Pictures

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jghall

Jan 3, 2008
Metro Atlanta
I was rummaging through some of my old SD memory cards last night and ran across some pictures of my Model 74 install from 18 months ago that I never posted.. There is also a discussion going on in the Hearth Room about the 74 so I figured I would post over here and let them know... I also have several good shots of the stove lift that my local dealer let me borrow for my install...

Attachments

• Murphytripjan08056.jpg
    Murphytripjan08056.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 2,365
  • Murphytripjan08057.jpg
    Murphytripjan08057.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 2,401
  • Murphytripjan08058.jpg
    Murphytripjan08058.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 2,477
  • Murphytripjan08059.jpg
    Murphytripjan08059.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 2,375
  • Murphytripjan08060.jpg
    Murphytripjan08060.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 2,548
  • Murphytripjan08062.jpg
    Murphytripjan08062.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 2,465
And here are a few pictures of the first fire, you can see the secondary tubes in several of them... Still waiting to fire it up for the first time this year, I'm ready...

Attachments

• Murphytripjan08063.jpg
    Murphytripjan08063.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 2,218
  • Murphytripjan08043.jpg
    Murphytripjan08043.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 2,160
  • Murphytripjan08044.jpg
    Murphytripjan08044.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 2,157
  • Murphytripjan08045.jpg
    Murphytripjan08045.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 2,112
  • Murphytripjan08051.jpg
    Murphytripjan08051.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 2,163
NICE!!!!!!!!!

It's great to see it going in and then up and running. That's a great shot of the secondaries. The stove looks really sharp! Thanks for posting.

That hand truck is actually a stove lift... My local dealer that I bought my stove from let me borrow it (I have been a friend of the family for many years)... They are very neat pieces of equipment... They have forks about 3' long that raise all the way to the top of the truck handles... You can just slide your stove right out of a truck ded onto the lift, then lower it to the ground then roll the stove up to the door like a regular hand truck... Then when you get to the stairs there is a contraption on the back with little feet that roll around on a chain that allows it with the assistance of an electric motor to climb stairs... Then you roll it in the house, position it in front of your hearth raise the forks and slide the stove in... Definately a back saver...

Those are all really good.

I have to say that those burn shots are some of the best I have seen on the forum.

awsome secondary burn. But watch that Seth Thomas Mantel clock dont dry the wood out!

allhandsworking said:
awsome secondary burn. But watch that Seth Thomas Mantel clock dont dry the wood out!

Thanks for the warning, but it was moved after the install... That clock belonged to my grandmother so I didn't want any harm coming to it...

Bringing back on old thread, but thanks for the pictures. I'm picking up my 74 in a few hours. Our fireplace is VERY similar, even in choice of trim. I still will be raising my hearth a few inches also. Amusing this was the first thread I saw after finally seeing my stove on clearance and jumping on it.

Here is the fireplace we have:

Attachments

• fireplace.jpg
    fireplace.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 1,426
JHall said:
And here are a few pictures of the first fire, you can see the secondary tubes in several of them... Still waiting to fire it up for the first time this year, I'm ready...

The stove looks great and the fire is mesmerizing to look at! Just looking at that fire will keep you warm..

Good Job!

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.