buck model 81

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buck master

Jan 25, 2008
south west virginia
hay guys, read this forum daily, great place. question; while cleaning out my 15 yearold buck81 (24/7 burner) i noticed slight warpage on the inside back and side walls no cracks and every thing looks to be solid. been over fired more than a few times in 15 years but brought down to proper temps quickly as its an easy stove to control. besides that it looks like the day i got it. am i ok to keep useing it? thoughts.

If its still airtight then I would use it. My old Cemi was fired hard more than a few times and bowed the rear of the chamber and ran for 22 years, sold it to a guy as-is and he is burning in it the last 3 years. That being said, you will be happy with the reduced wood consumption on a new stove. I scrounge so it does not cost anything but I burn 2 times as long on the same amount of wood, or to put it another way...you will use half the wood, get more heat, and less work!!!

Use a flashlight in a dark room and check the welds. If they are ok it should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.