Buck stove adapter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joshkeen

Sep 16, 2015
Ohio
I'm a long time reader but first time poster. Sorry if this has been answered, if so i couldn't find it.

I have a Buck Stove 2600. I am installing a SS Liner and was wondering what i need to connect the liner to the stove pipe adapter that is on Bucks website.

https://www.buckstove.com/partsstore/home.php?cat=23

Will the standard 8" appliance adapter go right into this or do i need a 8" crimped connector?

This is the appliance adapter: https://www.rockfordchimneysupply.com/chimney-liner-vertical-appliance-connector.php

Thanks in advance!

Greetings. I don't know the answer. My guess is that if it needs to be crimped this can be accomplished with a basic crimping tool.

Thanks for the reply! I called The company that makes the appliance adapter and the said that i will just need to use some high temp stove cement and it will work perfect.... Sounds kinda sketchy to me though???

I had a reg buck for awhile. My dbl wall stove pipe just fit over the "stack" that comes out of the stove. I'd say that if using single wall black pipe the crimped end should slide into the stack

Reactions: joshkeen
Sounds more like an insert version install. I would go for it, could be fine. If the fit is too tight pick up or borrow a crimping tool

That Adapter does fit down into the Buck Adapter. The Buck Adapter is made so an 8" pipe slides inside the top of it about 1.25". I Just gave that whole setup away about 5-6 weeks ago when I swapped stoves. The Buck Adapter & The Pipe Adapter (and the stove Lol) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.