Buck Stove Info

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

elmo771

Oct 26, 2022
Pittsburgh Pa
We moved into a new house and this is in the Gameroom. I can't find any info on the model. Can any help and I could use a owners manual also

image000000.jpg

It's a catalytic model which makes me think of the Buck 81, but I don't recognize the control on the upper right of the stove and this insert appears to be smaller. It may be possible to identify by the firebrick pattern. Can you post a picture of the firebox interior?

Yes, it's likely the air control with the bypass control top and center. This stove has a smaller firebox, but I don't recognize it. Buck had some short runs for models which then disappeared into obscurity. My guess is a Buck 20, this one resembles the Buck 20 catalytic. If so, here is the manual:

For best success, make sure the wood is fully seasoned. Most purchased wood is not.

Also, has the flue system for this insert been cleaned? If not, you'll want to have that done first.